• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

snowmobile tether switch

snowmanx

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2001
Polson, Montana
Excellent idea, and a safe thing to do. Many injuries from sleds rolling over, throttle getting pinned wide open, and then best case scenerio is a blown engine, worst case, a piece of clothing get cought in track and serious injury of death may occur.

One of my biggest pet peeves in all these sled videos, including the likes of Burant, rassumsum, others roll there sled and they are not wearing a tether. sooner or later someone on those films is going to get seriously injured. I am not sure why they don't wear them and push them.

S
Dec 27, 2015
PA
Excellent idea, and a safe thing to do. Many injuries from sleds rolling over, throttle getting pinned wide open, and then best case scenerio is a blown engine, worst case, a piece of clothing get cought in track and serious injury of death may occur.

One of my biggest pet peeves in all these sled videos, including the likes of Burant, rassumsum, others roll there sled and they are not wearing a tether. sooner or later someone on those films is going to get seriously injured. I am not sure why they don't wear them and push them.
Yea that's what I was wondering. I have a new sled and a tether wasn't mentioned. I want to put one on. Does it connect to the kill switch wiring harness?:usa2:

F_ast

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
Ontario
I really like the pro armed tether. Super simple design with awesome deploy system.

The teth-air system is neat but is only good for a run away sled. Since it works on a distance disconnect with wireless signal, if you get pinned under the sled like in the video it won't save you

T
Nov 26, 2007
coeur dalene, idaho
I very rarely use a tether, with that said, I had mine hooked up and was jumping in and out of cornices. I found my tether line wrapped around the brake line.
Saturday I jumped out of the bowl hitting the cornice fast, I went flying,(l love to jump) when I landed I went a little bit forward and hit my handlebar bag which knocked my tether off.

I don't think tethers and jumping mix well.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
I very rarely use a tether, with that said, I had mine hooked up and was jumping in and out of cornices. I found my tether line wrapped around the brake line.
Saturday I jumped out of the bowl hitting the cornice fast, I went flying,(l love to jump) when I landed I went a little bit forward and hit my handlebar bag which knocked my tether off.

I don't think tethers and jumping mix well.

Take a look at the Phantom Teth-Air. Perfect for this type of riding.

www.sourceinnovations.ca

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
i thought brett was using the Teth-air tethers on his skidoo's

He is using the Phantom Teth-Air's, not the Cordless Teth-Air's

The Phantom is the latest generation design that requires no transmitter and has a roll-over switch.

All functions have time delays that are user selectable and user selected tachometer arming point.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I would get the Phantom Teth-Air. All the other ones Freeze up and the stock cup ones can be a pain. Are you going to trust your life to something that can Freeze up once in a while. Are you going to wear an airbag that only goes off once in a while. The Phantom Teth-Air has roll over protection. I've even had a skidoo tether that wouldn't pull even when I tried. Weird angle or something. It was stretched to the max and then some. It was the old style, not the new 15 style.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca

I guess you don't know that Bret Rasmussen runs the Phantom Teth-Air on his fleet?

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
Ha and don't forget about the other 99.99% of the time when you get booted off and don't get tangled up in the track. A dead sled rolls a lot slower downhill and stops quicker than one that's running.
I need one on my Sno bike. On them things the track never stops turning when you lay it down. Just wiped out doing donuts in the powder and my leg got slapped by the track turning at idle speed in 2 or 3rd gear layin on its side. Kinda hurt!
And if it drops to the left gotta dig the killswitch out of the snow. To the right and it's not hard to get the throttle stuck open some.

Premium Features