• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New tether of fix old one?

B

BubbleNuts

Dec 19, 2021
Alberta
so dad went to start his sled today and kept quit after a second or 2 he had it some gas and the screen said check key so wiggled the tether fired right up. So is best to get a new tether or try and fix the one we have. This is what’s on there. Would any other tether work on that power module thing. It on a 2011 ski doo
1674867664180.jpeg

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Skidoo is skidoo only.
No options.
Could be as simple as programming a new key.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

B

BubbleNuts

Dec 19, 2021
Alberta
Skidoo is skidoo only.
No options.
Could be as simple as programming a new key.

Ok is that Little computer thing not work with like a durapro one? Or might be able to just get the end that pops off if that’s the issues. Not sure how you test that

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Ok is that Little computer thing not work with like a durapro one? Or might be able to just get the end that pops off if that’s the issues. Not sure how you test that
Each 'key' is programmed to that particular sled, just like key fobs to cars.
When the DESS starts to fail, it can wreak havoc. I rode with a guy that his sled would go into reverse while he was going quite fast. Or it would just start beebing and cut power to the engine. Constantly wiggling the key to get it to run right. after the third time it went into reverse, he headed back to the truck.

idahoskiguy

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
Boise, ID
FYI…….some Ski Doo models and years do not have the key programed and are interchangeable. This was due to the chip shortage and rather than hold up production the sleds were produced with generic tethers.

I know this because my 2022 Expert is one of these sleds.

Last edited:
Premium Features