• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Smart-phone / Dumb-phone?

T

T-Bone

Nov 11, 2005
Shelby, MT
I have a smartphone (galaxy S3) for work. My wife has a dumb phone. I keep telling her to get a smartphone because she will get more use out of it. She says no she likes her phone and doesn't want or need a smartphone. Take a guess at one of her favorite pastimes.....playing games and messing around on my smartphone.

sdsnocop

Premium Member
Feb 3, 2009
Hot Springs, SD
I do not personally own either. I carry a dumb phone for work. I refuse to text. I have 3 text messages total in my inbox and have never sent a text and do not plan to in the future. If I want to communicate with someone I will do it the old fashion way by talking and listening. If I want long term weather forcasts I will watch the weather on TV or check my computer at home or work. If I want a short term forcast I will look up and to the West. I do appreciate the ability find what I need over the internet but do not feel the need to carry my computer wherever I go. You can call me ignorant, stubborn, or even a hipocrite since I am blogging on the only social media I engage in (I am not on facebook, twitter, myspace ect.) but so be it.

sdsnocop

Premium Member
Feb 3, 2009
Hot Springs, SD
Ok. Your ignorant, stubborn and a hypocrite!

Thanks I will take that as a compliment.

BTW you pay more per month for your cell phones than I pay for my pickup, wifes van, 2 snowmobiles, fourwheeler, camper, boat, internet service, cable TV, home phone, city water and sewer, and garbage service. Heck if I had an extra $210 a month laying around I would not be spending it on cell phone service I would get one of those new installment loan thingies the banks have now and buy me a newer pickup or snowmobile.:face-icon-small-coo

Last edited:

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
Thanks I will take that as a complinent.

BTW you pay more per month for your cell phones than I pay for my pickup, wifes van, 2 snowmobiles, fourwheeler, camper, boat, internet service, cable TV, home phone, city water and sewer, and garbage service. Heck if I had an extra $210 a month laying around I would not be spending it on cell phone service I would get one of those new installment loan thingies the banks have now and buy me a newer pickup or snowmobile.:face-icon-small-coo

Dave Ramsey?

Premium Features