• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

sled is almost done...........

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
LMAO...you ever seen a girl give money vrs take money..all I heard over there was bring lots of booze if ya want girls to ride with ya...:beer;:beer;:Dyeah sled came out pretty good..hopefully will get the last few things done on it and be riding this coming weekend....WE ride Eureka alot..(cabins 50 miles in) and the whole reason for the tunnel reinforcment is due to pulling sleds(had done a reinforcment before but when I tore it down to do the drop and roll I could see where it was starting to bow the tunnel again..so figured I better get it fixed..)

Ya, Ive seen pics that you've posted from your "secret backcountry area" up there. Hopefully Eureka gets some snow, its been a few years since they've had tons of snow. Once again great build...one of kind fabricating there!

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Ya, Ive seen pics that you've posted from your "secret backcountry area" up there. Hopefully Eureka gets some snow, its been a few years since they've had tons of snow. Once again great build...one of kind fabricating there!

thanks morsno..we get some snow you will have to come up for a ride..nothing secret about it..just have to drag fuel to get to the sweet riding...lol.. here is a typical pull for us out there...2 tow sleds per guy when we go in for a big weekend....
littleo.jpg

A
Nov 30, 2007
alaska
Looks pretty good Mike. No one told me what all you were doin.

When do you think you might be free, i would like to get that fuel box wired up and talk to you about clutching. :D

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Looks pretty good Mike. No one told me what all you were doin.

When do you think you might be free, i would like to get that fuel box wired up and talk to you about clutching. :D

well nick..I have to work tonite..got some last minute shopping tomorrow nite..and was hoping to get mine finished on wednesday night..what ya doing x-mas day afternoon? will be at davids finishing mine up..have you bring yours by and we will whip it out....

Mag

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks Ak
sounds good...sounds like a big ride the weekend of the first..boys(and wild thang) coming down from the banks...the kenai crazies..should be a good time if your free...

You best be gettin some snow dancing done, if I'm bringing my old beatup sled down there to run with your shiny one I'm going to need some fresh powder to hide in. :beer;:beer;

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
You best be gettin some snow dancing done, if I'm bringing my old beatup sled down there to run with your shiny one I'm going to need some fresh powder to hide in. :beer;:beer;

tim and doug are taking care of the powder..all I have to do is ride...lol(and off to work I go for a bit...)

C

CATKILLER

Dec 6, 2007
ANCHORAGE,AK
Hey aksnowrider, i also have a clear trail tank on my all black rmk and thought it was ugly so i called trail tank and talked to a guy and they have wraps pre done and cut for the tanks. they come in black vinal with a clear opening on the left side so you can still see how much fuel you have and is also numbered with gallon marks. so call trail tanks and order a kit so you can keep the sweet tank. but i know how you feel it sure is ugly as clear

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Hey aksnowrider, i also have a clear trail tank on my all black rmk and thought it was ugly so i called trail tank and talked to a guy and they have wraps pre done and cut for the tanks. they come in black vinal with a clear opening on the left side so you can still see how much fuel you have and is also numbered with gallon marks. so call trail tanks and order a kit so you can keep the sweet tank. but i know how you feel it sure is ugly as clear

thanks cat..will have to do that for sure....

LiveAlaska

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2008
thanks morsno..we get some snow you will have to come up for a ride..nothing secret about it..just have to drag fuel to get to the sweet riding...lol.. here is a typical pull for us out there...2 tow sleds per guy when we go in for a big weekend....
littleo.jpg
Hey Mike, how come the guy with 2 sleds in tow is breakin trail for ya:D:D

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
yea yea yea.....LOL

So I know you are goin to take me up to your cabin sometime too, right? :D

am not sure if your sled would make it to there..might build up too much snow....lol..yes I will big guy...but it is a fact that snow doesnt stick to pc near as bad..which is why the boards and rails got coated....the normal loop i do to and from the cabin alone is a 120 mile ride..normally go in friday nite..come out sunday we get 300-500 miles on.....

Premium Features