• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber cans on the Boost

H

High Velocity

Nov 27, 2007
Hinton, Alberta
How are Silber cans working out on the 23 Boosts ? Reading a lot of negative comments on other pages with a few positives mixed in. I pick up my 2023 Boost on Thursday and I’m unsure if I should put the Silber can on with the issues I’ve heard of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J
Dec 15, 2021
Victor
FWIW, I used to work with Justin on the website front (day job is way too busy to do any side work these days). I say this in pure transparency.

Topic at hand, I just received his updated can for the boost. Works awesome.

The early iterations were too restrictive. The reason this happened was due to a fuel pump problem in his test sled (Sock+Pump issues) which lead them to build a can that was not breathing as it should. The early iterations he sent to his testers worked okay too being they had the same fueling issues as Justin's sled. Once the recall was done, it was clear where the problem was.

TL;DR - the new Silber cans work great.

S
Jan 16, 2008
Lincoln MT
Way to many issues. And silber as a company is hot garbage anyways. That said I've ran the RPM loud can and their new trail can on my 22 boost and love them!

CaptNCoke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Edgewood, Wa
I just got an email from Silber, they are sending me the updated can for my 2023 boost, with a return label to send my original can back .
I hadn’t even installed it yet, I wanted to ride the sled a couple of times first .
That’s awesome customer service in my book!

V
Feb 25, 2018
I just got an email from Silber, they are sending me the updated can for my 2023 boost, with a return label to send my original can back .
I hadn’t even installed it yet, I wanted to ride the sled a couple of times first .
That’s awesome customer service in my book!
Lol! I just got the same email.

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
I just got my replacement in the mail. Think they emailed me they were sending it Friday and I got it today. Now if my boost would just show up.

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
I just got my replacement in the mail. Think they emailed me they were sending it Friday and I got it today. Now if my boost would just show up.

Oh, my replacement came can only. Nothing bolted to it or other parts. No return label also. Just swap the shield and install it using the parts that originally shipped with the first can.

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
I ordered a Silber can for my 22 boost during the preorder last season. I haven’t put it on yet. Would it be in the batch if too restrictive ones?

Yes and yes.

My message to silber with photos of the van not installed with the packaging and screenshot of my build status.;

Greetings-

I inquired on chat about concerns with the can for the Polaris 2023 RMK 850 Pro 165 boost I ordered (sled has not arrived) and was told to email this address. Couple friends pointed out that riders were having problems with the silber can bogging etc and after going on Snowest I saw that it’s hit or miss on the problems. And also confirmed with my dealer there were problems as well.

I was curious if there is a workaround or something we can do if we discover it’s not working right? I planned on just throwing it on and get through the break in and then throw on the can. My dealership (Polaris of the Black Hills, suggested to just throw it on right away and ride it from day 1. They do sell Silber products there and stock your products turbos and your cans setups as well.

Some are suggesting I go with the Boondocker or Diamond S can but for their price I’m not really seeing the cost vs benefits value and I’m not seeing any SLP comp cans yet released fro the boost. So I’m not really seeing an alternative product. So I’m just checking for a viable solution, flash etc.

Sincerely ,

Their response;

“I will have Justin reach out when he gets back into the office. The patriot boost has been updated due to all of polaris updates. We found with their recent updates our original design could loose some rpm on certain sleds.

We will get you a replacement can out tomorrow.

Thank You
Silber Team”

Pretty much sounds like every can prior to recent updates would be affected. If running ok maybe the sled hasn’t been updated yet but as soon as it is it may have problems. One way to find out is to contact them and provide your order number.

hogracer

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 7, 2010
St Anthony Idaho
My sled had no updates done to it and the silber can took off 500 rpm’s. There answer was to take it out of ethanol mode which it was already out of. I think that’s a cop out in my personal opinion saying the updates caused it. My sled had no updates and it still caused issues. I am glad they are trying to make it right, I need to email them for a refund as I’m not interested in receiving their updated version. Pissed me off that it screwed up two good rides for me and they knew they had issues but kept selling them. Bad customer support in my opinion.

Premium Features