• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Shockwave / bmp torsional?

Oinakka

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2008
Sweden
Any inputs on using the Shockwave versus the bikeman torsional kit? I'm looking for clutching for my m7000 mcx 190hk. Like that They both are adjustable. Input on bmp gold weights aswell?

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Personally I like the shockwaves ability to change helix angle fast and easily. Snow conditions can change and load the drivetrain differently, the shockwave allows you to adjust I seconds.

Shockwave

I ran both two stage and straight cut shockwave helixs last year and found that they were very inconsistent. They actually only change three degrees per one full rotation instead of the advertised four degrees. and I found that when trying to tune, it was inconsistent. THe ramps wore flat spots at the bottem and they also wore out the arm pins within 500 miles. Both were over priced and not with the money in my honest opinion.

Oinakka

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2008
Sweden
Hm that doesn't sound to good. But I just received a Shockwave. Well I'll see how long it will last, will keep an eye on the wear. Should at least be able to figure out what angle that works the best, or somewhere near that anyway.

Premium Features