• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

school me on belts

K
Jun 21, 2010
Boise, ID
Guys, one of the mishaps I had this weekend was blowing a belt about 4 miles in. I understand it happens but this belt wasnt very old at all and it was a factory Arctic cat belt.

Looking for a new belt and a spare. I see the factory belts are around $70-$80. I see a Dayco HPX belt for around $50 with free shippingthat seems good but I dont have any experience with them..

This could be like the oil brand war I could see but just need some recomendations. If everyone says stay with the factory belt, then I will.

Thanks,
Kyle

A

arctic2009

Nov 19, 2009
Minnesota
Check Ebay, theres guys selling package deals on new belts for great prices, free shipping on most. You can get a package of 2 3 or 4 I believe.

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
Guys, one of the mishaps I had this weekend was blowing a belt about 4 miles in. I understand it happens but this belt wasnt very old at all and it was a factory Arctic cat belt.

Looking for a new belt and a spare. I see the factory belts are around $70-$80. I see a Dayco HPX belt for around $50 with free shippingthat seems good but I dont have any experience with them..

This could be like the oil brand war I could see but just need some recomendations. If everyone says stay with the factory belt, then I will.

Thanks,
Kyle

I have been running tha Dayco's this season myself. I blew one belt up, but that was due to a secondary clutch issue, so right now I am on my first real belt of the season, I have well over 400 miles on it at 10lbs of boost. Still looks new.

I will say I love the return policy on these belts. I sent the damaged belt with a check for $15 and a new belt showed up at my door about 2 weeks later.

Thunder

K
Jun 21, 2010
Boise, ID
I have been running tha Dayco's this season myself. I blew one belt up, but that was due to a secondary clutch issue, so right now I am on my first real belt of the season, I have well over 400 miles on it at 10lbs of boost. Still looks new.

I will say I love the return policy on these belts. I sent the damaged belt with a check for $15 and a new belt showed up at my door about 2 weeks later.

Thunder

Sounds like a +1 for the Dayco's! I think I may give it a shot.

R
Oct 17, 2008
Williams Lake B.C.
I've been running the Dayco XTX for a couple of seasons now on my piped and linderman ported M1000 and have not blown one of them, I have ran them all on my machine the 046 (likes to pull strings) the Carlisle XS (likes to grenade) and the 060 (pulls down RPM as it gets hot due to softer compound and it can be a grenade as well as stupid expensive) and the XTX is the best of the bunch as it pulls and holds rpm like a 046 and doesn't pull strings or delaminates or blows up like the others.

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
I've been running the Dayco XTX for a couple of seasons now on my piped and linderman ported M1000 and have not blown one of them, I have ran them all on my machine the 046 (likes to pull strings) the Carlisle XS (likes to grenade) and the 060 (pulls down RPM as it gets hot due to softer compound and it can be a grenade as well as stupid expensive) and the XTX is the best of the bunch as it pulls and holds rpm like a 046 and doesn't pull strings or delaminates or blows up like the others.

Yep, same belt here and same experiances.

Thunder

A

arctic2009

Nov 19, 2009
Minnesota
Check Ebay, theres guys selling package deals on new belts for great prices, free shipping on most. You can get a package of 2 3 or 4 I believe.

For cat belts. Run the cat belt, ive had experience with the dayco belts slipping a lot for some reason, with correct belt deflection. $40 - $60 like av8er said is usually what they run. Not bad!

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
I also vote for the dayco. I'm relatively new to them but they seem great so far and it still looks brand new after 250km (yeah not much but still in perfect shape)

bobback

Lifetime Membership
Feb 21, 2008
"The Last Best Place"
I've always ran the cat belts and have had good luck. Usually pro-actively change after 800 - 900 miles; and I always take it easy the first 30 miles or so on a new belt for a good break-in.

Polarisrocks

Lifetime Membership
Sep 22, 2002
Eastern Wa
1 more vote for the dayco xtx 5032.. Ebay has a good price on them and they have a 1 year warranty... Pay the return shipping of 15$ and they send you a new one..

K
Jun 21, 2010
Boise, ID
Thanks for all the replies. Sounds like stock you cant go wrong but a Dayco is worth a shot. Maybe I'll pack one stock and run the Dayco to see what my findings are as I already ordered it.

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
Thanks for all the replies. Sounds like stock you cant go wrong but a Dayco is worth a shot. Maybe I'll pack one stock and run the Dayco to see what my findings are as I already ordered it.

What I have noticed is the Dayco doesn't engage as smooth as the OEM belt, it is a bit different. And I only noticed this on a stock sled.

With my M1000T I can't tell any difference. Other than my pocket book has a bit more money in it to buy race fuel. The stock belt prices are way out of line, the $120 or so for the dayco, with a one year guarantee and a $15 dollar replacement it pretty darn hard to beat.

One other thing, make sure you have a few extra shims, like anything when switching belts you will need to check your deflection and make some minor adjustments. I think I had to add or remove a .030 shim when going from the OEM to the Dayco belt.

I have about 500+ boosted miles on my current belt and it looks good as new.

Thunder

Premium Features