• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Riot 120 Storage Options

astew1186

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2017
Kalispell, MT
What's everyone running for storage solutions on riot short tracks? Like the ability to carry a full tool kit, air pump for shocks, extra layers, and snacks on the bike instead of on my back. Had a nice case rigged up and added some heat shielding but severely underestimated the force coming out of the exhaust :( Thinking a hard pelican style case with an aluminum heat shield but looking for any other ideas out there.

On the bright side, fuel storage solution worked awesome and the new kit is a blast to ride.

PXL_20230205_002604767.jpgPXL_20230205_190156060.jpgPXL_20230205_175810564.jpg

Lachoneus

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2009
What's everyone running for storage solutions on riot short tracks? Like the ability to carry a full tool kit, air pump for shocks, extra layers, and snacks on the bike instead of on my back. Had a nice case rigged up and added some heat shielding but severely underestimated the force coming out of the exhaust :( Thinking a hard pelican style case with an aluminum heat shield but looking for any other ideas out there.

On the bright side, fuel storage solution worked awesome and the new kit is a blast to ride.

View attachment 400425View attachment 400427View attachment 400426
If you can make it work, your gas jug mounted where your black TS bag is (swapping their location) will work better -- more weight forward on tunnel is better than on tail end of tunnel. Now will you have to shield the fuel jug? Maybe.

I

intheheartofit

Feb 18, 2019
I have a 10 liter gas can strapped to the front and then mounted some electrical conduit clamps on either side to bungee things down and at the back to take a waterproof cloth bag I sewed up. Works decent and no issues with exhaust/scorching though I do put a piece of aluminum over the bag seems far enough back doesn't need it. I'll try to get a picture next time I'm out.

J
Jul 21, 2022
USA
What's everyone running for storage solutions on riot short tracks? Like the ability to carry a full tool kit, air pump for shocks, extra layers, and snacks on the bike instead of on my back. Had a nice case rigged up and added some heat shielding but severely underestimated the force Tutuapp 9Apps Showbox coming out of the exhaust :( Thinking a hard pelican style case with an aluminum heat shield but looking for any other ideas out there.

View attachment 400425View attachment 400427View attachment 400426
Nice photos

astew1186

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2017
Kalispell, MT
Astew1186, what fuel can is that (how many liters) and home made brackets it looks like?
Tuff Jug Utilitiy 2.7 Gallon, M2inc straps, and home made brackets that bolt in OEM fuel tank location. Make sure to crank down the cap or you'll end up with a heck of a mess. After learning that lesson it has worked out great even through some lousy whooped out trails.

Still working on the storage solution but have a solid idea to test this weekend.

K
Nov 16, 2013
Tuff Jug Utilitiy 2.7 Gallon, M2inc straps, and home made brackets that bolt in OEM fuel tank location. Make sure to crank down the cap or you'll end up with a heck of a mess. After learning that lesson it has worked out great even through some lousy whooped out trails.

Still working on the storage solution but have a solid idea to test this weekend.
Here is what I did, haven't test road yet, waiting for snow.thumbnail_20231118_110657.jpg

Premium Features