• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Riondel BC Riding

M
Oct 4, 2009
Bonners Ferry
Anyone have any info on sledding around Riondel?.... can you get up powder creek or Bernard creek to ride?... I ride trout lake and meadow a lot but always looking for new area...the high country outside of Riondel looks comparable, just wondering if you can access it...Let me know.... PLEASE!!!!

M

Momma

Jun 20, 2009
In the heart of the Kootenays BC
Anyone have any info on sledding around Riondel?.... can you get up powder creek or Bernard creek to ride?... I ride trout lake and meadow a lot but always looking for new area...the high country outside of Riondel looks comparable, just wondering if you can access it...Let me know.... PLEASE!!!!

I've hit Plaid lake from the Crawford side.. you can access Bernard from there.. it's big and awesome. It's been a few years. I've not been into Bernard myself but my sled bros have.

M
Oct 4, 2009
Bonners Ferry
...it seems like access is the issue....since its a long way in going up powder creek ....and access from Crawford bay has to be even further??... i would still love to ride it and if you're willing or your friends are willing to take me I would really love it!

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
I hiked in to Plaid lake a month ago and it looks like it would be fun with a sled. From Crawford Bay it would be 15 kms of logging road tops (not sure if plowed in the winter - if so how far?), and then a few more of boondocking to hit the ridge and start descending in to the lake.

I've also heard people talk about access to the alpine via tam-o-shanter creek area...but haven't been up there myself.

Premium Features