• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

4 beeps and check engine

D
Got this error today. It only happens when riding, not at idle. Sled still runs great but every couple minutes it beeps 4 times and says check engine. Manual says bring it to the dealer. 🙄 My local dealer is useless.

It’s on a 2017 Summit 850, electric start with 2200 kms. I drained and put fresh high test gas in last week. Lots of oil, lots of coolant. I did have the hood off to put on a skid plate. Maybe I missed hooking up a sensor somewhere?

Any ideas? I looked it up online and people are saying bad gas, brake switch, electrical problem. Ughgg. 😡

Please let me know if you have any suggestions. Thanks

justinkredible56

Lifetime Membership
Dec 24, 2007
Eagle Mountain, UT
When it happens next time it should throw a P code.

You can read/see the P codes by going to the screen that shows RPM and speed, then push and hold the single select button on the gauge and flip your high/low beam switch back and forth until the gauge read out changes. Then it will start displaying the active “P” codes. You can cycle through them, if there is more than one, by pressing the select button.

Once you’ve got the P code a quick google search will help you diagnose further.

Premium Features