• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ride connected: Ski-Doo 10.25'' Color Touchscreen Display

ryanjeri

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
ID
Anything is better than the g4 display, whoever engendered that just called up casio and was like hey you know that calculator you made in 1987? Where did you get that display from? We NEED it. the customers cant wait to get their hands on one for their new sled
I think skidoo just proved anything is not better

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Did they get gobbled up by Poo?
Yes, Polaris bought trail tech a couple years ago. I bought a voyager pro for my summit turbo and connects with the 7s on the Polaris sled. Super awesome feature. It would be very good of the sled manufacturers to come together on this and make the doo and poo gauges able to track riders in your group, regardless of brand

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
What if your buried in close proximity to your sled and someone is looking for you?
Granted, that is a Possibility
But, in reality, it doesn't happen very dang often.
Seldom are we able to ride DIRECTLY to the buried target.
And even then, your phone's interference drops off DRAMATICALLY with only a few feet of distance.
Proximity is everything with signal interference.

My Phone is ON all teh time and lives in either the Handlebar Bag or the Nose Glovebox on my sled.

I would honestly be more worried about the Go-Pro mounted on my helmet that I would likely FORGET to turn off than the phone on my sled.

M

McTwist700

Dec 2, 2010
Whitehorse Yukon
I love the concept of the new display but not the price. I would have paid extra for a more mountain oriented display with the nice screen and smaller but all I really need is a good display of engine parameters with more than 2 readouts not all the other features so not worth the money

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
The new Doo gauge or the Polaris gauge are full of a bunch of Non necessary features. In my opinion. Only thing needed on a Mountion machine is the ability to monitor essential items such as RPM, coolant temp etc. The rest is foo foo stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cacsrx1

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Highmore SD
Granted, that is a Possibility
But, in reality, it doesn't happen very dang often.
Seldom are we able to ride DIRECTLY to the buried target.
And even then, your phone's interference drops off DRAMATICALLY with only a few feet of distance.
Proximity is everything with signal interference.

My Phone is ON all teh time and lives in either the Handlebar Bag or the Nose Glovebox on my sled.

I would honestly be more worried about the Go-Pro mounted on my helmet that I would likely FORGET to turn off than the phone on my sled.
It would be cool to have Duffy’s imput on this subject...

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
The 7s display on the Matryx got us out of sketchy spots this yr.
That big GPS map u can see while riding. Makes it much easier to maintain direction while snaking through the trees and around cliffs, constantly changing directions .

Stopping to pull out the phone or other GPS to verify direction takes a lot of time and slows progress.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

C
Nov 29, 2008
The new Doo gauge or the Polaris gauge are full of a bunch of Non necessary features. In my opinion. Only thing needed on a Mountion machine is the ability to monitor essential items such as RPM, coolant temp etc. The rest is foo foo stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Doos new display is an "infotainment system" right from their YouTube video ....
Always thought that one of the pluses of sledding was getting away from all that crap ....rider tracking is a great feature but they don't feature it .....

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
His reply to me.

Mike Duffy

Like all electronics, when searching with transceiver, keep potentially interfering electronics 3 ‘ away.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
To "ME" that means having a phone on the sled itself is a NON ISSUE for beacon tracking unless you are LITERALLY ABLE to sled right to the buried victim, and that really doesn't happen very often given the debris field of a burial slide.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
I use data collectors out in the woods in all types of weather. A touchscreen is almost useless if you can't deactivate it to clear the screen. Does the 10.25" allow that so you can clear water drops or snow off the screen?

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca

Ride connected: Ski-Doo 10.25'' Color Touchscreen Display​

Feb 14, 2022 • The 2023 Ski-Doo snowmobile lineup gives you the ability to connect to the ride in amazing ways with the optional 10.25" Touchscreen Display - available on select models as a spring-only option. The ultra-large display can be customized with the swipe of your finger. Sled data is shown in stunning, full-color clarity. Riders can also take full advantage of the BRP GO! app for navigation, POIs and more.

=====

Why do they use a 10.25" display and only use 6.25" of it? The lower section and much of the edge has no picture displayed on it. Would't an edge to edge display in a smaller size make more sense and be less likely to get broken?

Last edited:
Premium Features