• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Renting/Riding Wasatch area Jan 17th

M

maxitout77

Nov 21, 2010
Vermont
Hey Guys! A business trip will have me in the area with a free day to ride out of the Salt Lake area Saturday Jan 17th. I've ridden out west many time just not this area. Any recommendations on a place I can rent and ride from? Even more so I would love to hook up with a group of guys for the day. Obviously I won't venture out solo. I'm an experienced rider, ridden with various pro's. I wont hold anyone back. Even a group with an extra sled or something of the like I would make it worth your while. Whatever insight you have would be great!

-Max

Stevoreno

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2010
Park City, UT
You could rent from Weller Rec in Kamas and tow the sled to a couple of trail heads in about 20 minutes. I don't believe they are permitted to drop sleds at the trail head, but they do have new/mtn sleds.

I would think from either Mirror Lake or the Nobletts trail head you'd be able to find a group that would let you tag along. Nobletts may be the better option. See you're a VT guy, grew up skiing out there, if I was in town would have shown you around.

Best of luck and have fun out there!

R
Jan 14, 2012
I'm from Burlington, VT originally and live in Park City. I could potentially ride that Saturday but won't know till next week. All the suggestions above are good. Hope it snows while you're here! Keep posting with your plans...

SledGimp

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2007
Heber, UT
I can help you out with the rental. We are 15-30 minutes from about a dozen trail heads and I buy new machines every year. We are very well reviewed and will take good care of you. Check us out.

www.uintarecreation.com

Feel free to give me a call if needed.

Adam
801-361-0443

You can't go wrong with Adam and I am live close to there and plan on riding the 17th. Would love to have you join us.

M

maxitout77

Nov 21, 2010
Vermont
Uinta recreation was booked up but they were nice enough to refer me to Lofty Peaks. I should be able to rent a truck and get around if there is a group going out in the Midway area? Again, experienced rider looking to get in the trees and drainages!

Premium Features