• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

KTM/HUSKY/GASGAS & YETI SNOWMX SET UP

C
Jan 10, 2024
oregon
Hey all,
I am brand new to snow sports, but have ridden dirt bikes my whole life. I recently built two snow bikes. Both 2023's, a KTM 450 and a Husky 450 MX bikes. My husky has a brand new Yeti Snow MX 129FR with the upgraded Elka 5 shocks. However, I am struggling with the suspension setup & geometry of the bike. My soft strut has two mounting holes on the bottom. On my break in ride I had it mounted in the lowest position with the threaded eye bolt sucked all the way in. My first ride was terrible, every whoop I hit, the track would bounce/rebound terribly and pile drive the front end into the next whoop. My second ride, I moved the strut to the highest position and it felt better, but felt the bike was too tall and fork angle was too steep. I lowered the strut back down, but lengthened the eye bolt to its max length to try to get the rail tip up. But again, the fork angle is too steep and the bike is too tall. I haven't ridden it yet, but am going out Saturday and Sunday to try some more things. Any insight would be great! My KTM has a 2019 Aro 129 with upgraded suspension on it and does awesome, but its my spare and would like to get mine dialed.

Thanks,

B
Nov 29, 2018
I'm 5 years in owning a ktm450sx/yeti kit and I still haven't completely figured out snowmoto suspension. In the summer I have no problem dialing my dirt bike suspension but whenever I ride my snowmoto, it's so fun I just want to ride.

I do pump my forks to 175 psi and crank the dampers all the way slow. That helps keep the front end from diving and still allows for some movement.

I also set up my track flat in line with the ski and with the two shocks at minimal preload.

I'm eager to find out how off my setup is when someone here with actual knowledge posts a reply.

Premium Features