• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Regular Snowcheck Starts Today!!!!

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
I ended up with a blue monosuit last season under warranty from 509, so that’s what I’ve been telling people is the reason I had to order the most expensive sled option. I mean, doesn’t everyone buy a $20k sled to match their gear? That and I only buy a sled every 5-6 years or so, so I might as well go big.

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
More the accessorizing and blaming the “wife” or “warranty”.
Just jump out if the damn closet already, we all know how gay worked in the old days.

Rob.G

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 10, 2023
Mobile
I tend to go for the all black look because it matches anything... though I did just buy a 509 jacket that is black and white, so that works too. AND... because my last sled was an M7, I still have my old lime green Arctic Cat branded coat and jacket. Might look odd with the blue, but it'll work.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Hell I remember when I bought my M1000 and got a cool black leather jacket from Cat... These day we are lucky to get a full oil tank !!
Years ago i used to like it and then i rember everyone in town bought a 2001 summit and they each got a leather jacket with wool sleeves. Everyone and their dog had one. I would rather buy my own stuff and give me a better deal on sled . Throw a belt and a gallon of oil in on snowchecks like we used to get. Polaris could throw a case of spark plugs in.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Years ago i used to like it and then i rember everyone in town bought a 2001 summit and they each got a leather jacket with wool sleeves. Everyone and their dog had one. I would rather buy my own stuff and give me a better deal on sled . Throw a belt and a gallon of oil in on snowchecks like we used to get. Polaris could throw a case of spark plugs in.
And.. The days when you snow checked a Polaris- They would have a gold nameplate on the lower right side of the hood stated that this was made exclusive for you, and have you name engraved on that plate.
Extra Spark Plugs, Extra Belt, and a Polaris Premium cover were give also..... Yeah I would give all that up for a better price- but back then Snow checking was all about lower pricing if you Snow checked

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Covid (democrats) ruined it,… everything.

I wear the Smurf suit cuz I don’t care for black in the spring time. Not into red and yellows. Makes me look fat.

Last edited:

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
My bad, couldn’t remember chick smurfs name. I’ll keep your gender straight from now on.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
You talkin bout smurfette ol spuds? I was just wondering who you were callin old😀
I picture you in carhartt bibs sporting a loaded baked potato wrap 🥔
🍻

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
2010 HMK coat, Klim Bibs cuz they’re the only ones that the knee pads hit me right.
No extra sled graphics,
Idaho pin stripes only.
Will find me in a carhartt t and shorts in the parking lot tho.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
And.. The days when you snow checked a Polaris- They would have a gold nameplate on the lower right side of the hood stated that this was made exclusive for you, and have you name engraved on that plate.
Extra Spark Plugs, Extra Belt, and a Polaris Premium cover were give also..... Yeah I would give all that up for a better price- but back then Snow checking was all about lower pricing if you Snow checked
Poo’s still need all those extra spark plugs they used to give you for free.

Tahoepow

Lifetime Membership
Aug 7, 2012
North shore Lake Tahoe
curious how many years of warranty are you guys being offered when ordering the 2025 858 M catalyst. Option to buy more years? I hoping for at least 2 years. Calling the dealership next week for the big 858 order. Trying to get my ducks in a row. Reading the 858 ride reviews as they pop up on here. Ordering check list : Warranty options, 165 track 3" , e-start, hard core running boards, skid plate, cover, fancy air shocks. Maybe some storage on the tunnel. Any thing else standing out for a maybe must have or def want on the options?

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
The only thing i think is boards. I pissed a guy off at demo. I think he was a dealer because the guy he was with was. Told him that those boards suck and already broke them. Plus they build up bad with snow and are slick. He asked how i broke them and then said that was bs and he had 700 miles on them and they were great. I only needed one day to figure out they aren't good enough. Get off the trail. Told him he hadn't rode in deep snow but of course he said he had. Right. I did tell him if they hadn't broke that in the right condtions they're fine. He left mad. Ride them and decide for yourself. If you like them then it just save you $500.

Last edited:

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
The only thing i think is boards. I pissed a guy off at demo. I think he was a dealer because the guy he was with was. Told him that those boards suck and already broke them. Plus they build up bad with snow and are slick. He asked how i broke them and then said that was bs and he had 700 miles on them and they were great. I only needed one day to figure out they aren't good enough. Get off the trail. Told him he hadn't rode in deep snow but of course he said he had. Right. I did tell him if they hadn't broke that in the right they're fine. He left mad. Ride them and decide for yourself. If you like them then it just save you $500.
Totally agree, instantly disliked the boards. Slippery and once in good snow would pack full of ice where I was standing. There are so many guys reporting broken boards cat should take the feedback. Matryx and Gen 5 don't. Cats tunnel attach system also needs a rethink does not work when there is snow on the tunnel, I will be running LinQ on mine.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Totally agree, instantly disliked the boards. Slippery and once in good snow would pack full of ice where I was standing. There are so many guys reporting broken boards cat should take the feedback. Matryx and Gen 5 don't. Cats tunnel attach system also needs a rethink does not work when there is snow on the tunnel, I will be running LinQ on mine.
I had trouble geting her tunnel bag on when new. Couldn't get one to catch. A buddy helped get it on. Never taken it off so it's been fine. I like the bag and shovel holder. I will be able to pack a 2 gallon armadillo bag on top.

Premium Features