• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Regular Snowcheck Starts Today!!!!

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Cat’s two year warranty for a new motor is nothing great. W
Oh wait! There’s a recall on the catalyst! It’s terrible and it’s awful and it horrendous! Way worse than a clutch bolt or bad flash! You gotta tie th brake line so it don’t get chafed…..lol
View attachment 416266

I'm surprised Cat was able to get those cable ties. I thought Polaris had used them all up for their recalls.

C

clamlake600

Feb 2, 2010
We beat the piss out of the 858's at the demo today for 9 hrs straight at ERX racetrack. You boys are going to love this sled.
Cats new shock is a 5 position clicker , similar to fox's 3p. Gauge is pretty sick too. To the front of the line it goes.

W

Wko78ms

Apr 16, 2023
Michigan
We beat the piss out of the 858's at the demo today for 9 hrs straight at ERX racetrack. You boys are going to love this sled.
Cats new shock is a 5 position clicker , similar to fox's 3p. Gauge is pretty sick too. To the front of the line it goes.
Are they a lot faster than the ctek?

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Anyone buying a catalyst will want to throw the plastic boards in the dumpster. They suck. Besides breaking a chunk out of them on one ride, they are slick in deep snow. They also build up really bad. The estart button was also freezing up but thats minor. My wife and daughter went back to lodge early one day so i switched and took her catalyst for a couple hours. They are really hard on fuel. I burned a gallon more than my buddy's boost. Might have something to do with having to hold it wide open the whole time. 600 really shows its colors in deep snow. Still went everywhere they did. One hill i needed 2 or 3 goes at it though. My bet is they aren't real great at staying cool in less than stellar or icy conditions.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
From what I found out is that Feb 24th supposed to be in West Yellowstone with the 858- and hopefully let us take then into area so we can rip a bit and get a better feel, like we were used to in the past.
Ya the Merry-Go-Round @ERX was nothing to even get excited about. I for one am not checking a new one till we get some good riding time on the motor from consumers.

With all the cut backs we all hear (and still blame Covid ) Who know how much honest time are on these. Breaking running boards on the 600 sure makes a guy wonder what else???

stahlecker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2010
Western NE
From what I found out is that Feb 24th supposed to be in West Yellowstone with the 858- and hopefully let us take then into area so we can rip a bit and get a better feel, like we were used to in the past.
Ya the Merry-Go-Round @ERX was nothing to even get excited about. I for one am not checking a new one till we get some good riding time on the motor from consumers.

With all the cut backs we all hear (and still blame Covid ) Who know how much honest time are on these. Breaking running boards on the 600 sure makes a guy wonder what else???
Any idea what time things start up on the 24th?

Rob.G

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 10, 2023
Mobile
I pulled the trigger today and ordered one. I got the Mountain Cat Alpha One 858 154 3.0. With a couple of accessories the price came to right about $20,700 and the dealer gave me $500 off. He said expect delivery sometime in October.

Once I can ride it a bit I can decide if I want to keep the Khaos around, or sell it.

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
20K!!
In ‘22, the best price on a new Alpha I could find was $16k. I couldn’t! Now it’s 20k.
So in 2025 if I like 1 year old reviews, and I can find lightly used, I’ll be spending $16k. Crap!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
20K!!
In ‘22, the best price on a new Alpha I could find was $16k. I couldn’t! Now it’s 20k.
So in 2025 if I like 1 year old reviews, and I can find lightly used, I’ll be spending $16k. Crap!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MSRP on the base model 858 is $15,800. Only available with a 154 3.0 lug track though. It's the shock packages, gauge options and accessories that get you to that $20k mark.

hansenmac

Lifetime Membership
Oct 22, 2012
Deering ND
if i had rode my 600 before i early snowchecked the 858 i may have either kept the 600 and put a pipe and head on, or ordered the base model. I thought i would really want the air shocks which in years past i felt they made a difference. the stock 600 rode really well for my weight with factory coil overs. the G8 with trail maps will be nice, and the wife bought me a blue mono suit to match my 600 so i HAD to spend the extra 4500$$$$$$ to get a sled with blue on it.

Premium Features