• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Regular Snowcheck Starts Today!!!!

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
Anyone hear of any limitations on model availability? I guess were any models 'sold out' during the early access window?

Last edited:

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Only change I've seen so far is the shocks on the SnoPro are now shown as all black on the website instead of having the gold anodized bits.

WhiskeyTee

Lifetime Membership
Dec 12, 2013
Utah
Was just on the website and it looks like the only mountain 858 sleds you can still pre-order is the Mtn Cat version. Base and SnoPro are not even available to look at.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
So what 'reward' is there for those that ordered in round one?
Aughta be some token of appreciation for that leap of faith in such a limited amount of time.

P
Dec 15, 2018
My dealer said he could still get any model you wanted. Still want a all black base Madeline 165x3 so that can be excuse lol. You gotta get the shocks! Might as well get atac too if your sendy . It’s pretty often I want a different feel and iam not good enough to need that so you big boys will want it I think.

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
So what 'reward' is there for those that ordered in round one?
Aughta be some token of appreciation for that leap of faith in such a limited amount of time.
The big advantage was you were guaranteed to get what you wanted. There was no limit, like last year when the 600 basically sold out in 2 hours. The second wave potentially will have limits/quantity caps.

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
My dealer said he could still get any model you wanted. Still want a all black base Madeline 165x3 so that can be excuse lol. You gotta get the shocks! Might as well get atac too if your sendy . It’s pretty often I want a different feel and iam not good enough to need that so you big boys will want it I think.
I wonder how many dealers put in “stock” orders during the 1st window?

Last edited:

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
The big advantage was you were guaranteed to get what you wanted. There was no limit, like last year when the 600 basically sold out in 2 hours. The second wave potentially will have limits/quantity caps.
I had seen something about freight/setup being waived… maybe that was just a specific dealer offering that, I know many don’t typically charge it in the first place.

P
Dec 15, 2018
They told me they where nit able to order for the shop ? They all say that though right? There was no set up or freight for first wave at our dealership so maybe that was a incentive. Still can’t personally afford it and personally don’t need it but WANT it lol

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
Was just on the website and it looks like the only mountain 858 sleds you can still pre-order is the Mtn Cat version. Base and SnoPro are not even available to look at.
To see the base models and snopro, you have to click on the picture of the 400 blast M, then scroll through the models.

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
I’ve been wanting to get on the website to look around. Im fighting the temptation. I want one I think though. I’m not the type to buy it before i try it. My Matryx Khaos has been my most fun sled I’ve had. Interestingly, I’ve put the least amount of extras on it as well. Ive had 5 Cats previously, all set up very well. I wish they were like buying trucks sometimes. Jump in one and go see.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
K
Nov 30, 2008
Reno, NV
I’ve been wanting to get on the website to look around. Im fighting the temptation. I want one I think though. I’m not the type to buy it before i try it. My Matryx Khaos has been my most fun sled I’ve had. Interestingly, I’ve put the least amount of extras on it as well. Ive had 5 Cats previously, all set up very well. I wish they were like buying trucks sometimes. Jump in one and go see.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm the same way, wanting to try it before I buy it but IMO Cat demos haven't been anywhere near where I ride.

Last year I took the advice of a fellow member of here when I was debating on getting a 9R, he said I wasn't getting any younger and he could tell I wanted one, so I did jump ship with that purchase. So far, been the best sled I've ever owned.

But, I have always been a Cat guy so I ordered a Catalyst. I am sure I will be happy and have two bad ass sleds in the stable, hopefully won't need any more purchases for a few years. That's the plan.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Me I am waiting for them to get a TRUE year of consumer riding before I spend upwards of $20K on a new motor.
The chassis has been proven reliable except for the broken running boards and the plastic little guard to keep the clutch from eating away at the side panel and rub on the clutch face... Not impressed.

P
Dec 15, 2018
Oh wait! There’s a recall on the catalyst! It’s terrible and it’s awful and it horrendous! Way worse than a clutch bolt or bad flash! You gotta tie th brake line so it don’t get chafed…..lol
1707954169700.jpeg

Premium Features