• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

RAPTOR SHOCKS

P
Oct 13, 2009
Castlegar, BC
I got my first ride out on the new KMOD skid this weekend.

I got to really put it to the test in the Monster chute in Revy. It was rough and nasty all the way from bottom to top. There were some big ice boulders right in the gut, but I was able to go through everything and keep it reasonably under control. I got a little out of shape right at the top when my left ski grabbed the heavy snow and bent in half chucking me away from the exit, so i throttled it into a cluster of trees at the top, which probably saved the sled.

I'm pretty sure the skid saved me from having a crumpled pile of scrap metal to haul off the mountain... So I'm happy :)

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
I know a lot of this talk is about chute climbing and wheelie control but don't be fooled. Most of my riding is tight tree steep technical sidehilling, this skid doubled the ability to stay in control and continue through stuff that could not be done on a stock skid (I've tried time and time again) it also made it possible to accomplish lines that I couldn't pull before. Night and day difference.

Vertical-Extreme

Lifetime Membership
Sep 15, 2008
Airdrie, Alberta
www.airdriejudo.ca
it sounds like this new set up is the real deal. I am wondering if anyone has done the comparision between any of the Kmod set ups (conversion or full skid, with floats or Raptors) and a stock skid with Zbros shocks and an OVS wheelie stopper? Im sure the Kmod is better, but I am curious how they compare. and for Shain and some of the other guys running the front and rear, what do think is making more of a differnace? Cause I know the front floats suck a$$

P

product tester

Nov 27, 2007
have rode all of those and the biggest improvement in control ( side to side, side hilling or climbing) has been the front raptors, the new raptors in the rear improved my ability to come on and off boost in the middle of a climb with out loss of trackion or control.
the floats work well for lighter riders but for me I need more than the float can offer.
The zbroz shocks with ovs whille stop isnt even an option for me not that it doesnt work for other people just not for my riding style.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Raptor shock seems more comparable to the Exit X1 shock. Does anyone have input on the comparison?

W

whittaker727

Nov 26, 2007
Naples, Id
After riding a sled with the new Raptor remote resi rear shock and the remote resi coil over front shocks, I can say I thought I was done spending money on my sled.....not now. Time for one more upgrade, but from what I felt/experienced, it will be well worth it.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
After riding a sled with the new Raptor remote resi rear shock and the remote resi coil over front shocks, I can say I thought I was done spending money on my sled.....not now. Time for one more upgrade, but from what I felt/experienced, it will be well worth it.

Post a Pic when you get it done, sweet sled

KMOD

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Firth
kmodsnowmobileparts.com

Jason
Your right they are and amazing shock, but just so everyone knows they are a PIGGY BACK shock.( I used to call all resi shocks remotes also)
No mounting remote resi and hoses they are all inclusive PIGGY BACK 20 position clicker premium shock.

All the IFS shocks will be valved for the vehicle, so bolt them on and adjust the cllicker for the riding style and weight of the rider.
Good for a 130lb tree rider to a 300lb or bigger turbo rider.

Thanks, Kevin

hobbes

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Jason
Your right they are and amazing shock, but just so everyone knows they are a PIGGY BACK shock.( I used to call all resi shocks remotes also)
No mounting remote resi and hoses they are all inclusive PIGGY BACK 20 position clicker premium shock.

All the IFS shocks will be valved for the vehicle, so bolt them on and adjust the cllicker for the riding style and weight of the rider.
Good for a 130lb tree rider to a 300lb or bigger turbo rider.

Thanks, Kevin

There you go with the fat jokes again! LOL I should be getting you that rear shock back soon, also I think Ross has talked to you about ordering another rear PB for the skid and I'll be calling you soon about the IFS shocks.... thanks for all the help this winter Kevin, your customer support is the best in the biz!

Premium Features