• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Quietest snow check ever

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
My dealer got allocated somewhere near 40 and by the time I called Thursday at 8 am they were all gone. He was not allocated a single in season model. My question is how is he supposed to keep his doors open? The margin on 40 sleds ain't enough to keep the lights on. He's going to have to hope like hell that every customer he sold to wants his dealership to service them and he didn't sell to a bunch of DIY'ers otherwise he won't be around next year to try again.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
My dealer got allocated somewhere near 40 and by the time I called Thursday at 8 am they were all gone. He was not allocated a single in season model. My question is how is he supposed to keep his doors open? The margin on 40 sleds ain't enough to keep the lights on. He's going to have to hope like hell that every customer he sold to wants his dealership to service them and he didn't sell to a bunch of DIY'ers otherwise he won't be around next year to try again.
He will do alright, certainly some PG&A sales as well as other products?
There is an upside, such as no floorplan expenses.
He may want to offer doing consignment sales. That's a growing market.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Alaska
Can we talk about how low elevation clutching is like $150 more? This is hands down the most absurd crap I've ever seen a business pull. If I don't get this then my sled is basically unrideable at my elevation. And it doesn't cost them a dollar more in parts!

This is like you buying a new truck and it only coming with 3 tires and a little spare. Then you have to spend extra money to get the 4th matching tire.

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
Can we talk about how low elevation clutching is like $150 more? This is hands down the most absurd crap I've ever seen a business pull. If I don't get this then my sled is basically unrideable at my elevation. And it doesn't cost them a dollar more in parts!

This is like you buying a new truck and it only coming with 3 tires and a little spare. Then you have to spend extra money to get the 4th matching tire.
Its more like getting an optional gear ratio in your truck

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC

I noticed this while snow checking the wife's new 650. Like what the deuce? I have some spare MDS weights from the Axys 800 I used to have, heard they are virtually the same (650 and the 800) for weights, so I'm covered there, along with spare belts and such.
Glad for it, Poo is awfully proud of their machines these days... 650 - 155 x 2.75, std gauge, mid height windshield is $17,500 Cdn. yowsa..... Had a few beers Monday night and almost had myself convinced I needed a 9R, luckily y dealer ran out of allocations before I got ahold
of him, could have been an expensive afternoon :LOL:

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
My local dealer got a decent number of Boosts and 9Rs but only got 1 of what I was looking to buy new of this year and am stoked they let me have it. Evo RMK 144. Totally worth it to see my daughters face light up like that. She was waiting all last week to see if she would have any choices to make in the build. No choice on the Evo but she is happy anyway. She is now counting the days till October 1st (Polaris emailed delivery date already). I already warned her that date is not a definite and we don't get enough snow to ride till December anyway. She is now saving her money for accessories. She has been riding the dealers daughters EVOs on group rides lately and can't wait to move up from the Yamaha 200. New technology is great but helping out new riders get out there is the best thing to do for this sport.
Awesome! She’s going to love it.

my buddy and I snowchecked a few of the Evo’s (one for me and two for him). We had to call 6 dealers to get them all allocated. Afterwards I asked him “did you ever think we’d be scrambling calling dealers across the state to get $9,000 fan cooled kids sleds!.”

the silver lining is I’ll be able to sell her 200 and cover about half the cost!

155Assault

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2010
Meridian, Idaho
This has to be the quietest snow check ever, no huge hype, no page after page of color photos etc. . I think between Polaris delivering my22 sleds a year plus late for some and the insane prices the 23s are it is going to put a lot of folks out of the game . Glad IIgot my 22 last week and our snow is melted now. Tough times, it will be interesting to see the long term effects of inflation. on the power sports industry
I paid for my boost but have not picked it up yet. Snow is lean. Maybe get a couple rides in before summer. Ordered a 9R. But my dissapointment in Polaris has wiped out my enthusiasm for the whole thing. I came close to ordering a Lynx, my wife talked me out of it.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Alaska
Its more like getting an optional gear ratio in your truck

Any gear ratio I order in a truck will work fine for the majority of applications.

When my sled comes with 64g weights or whatever I won't be able to go more than 3/4 throttle without hitting the rev limiter. Might as well not leave the garage with it.

And don't get me wrong. I fork the money over like the next guy but its just salt in the already expensive wound, not to mention its just blatant greed on their part. The dealers used to have to do this on their own dollar so they are happy about it at least.

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
Any gear ratio I order in a truck will work fine for the majority of applications.

When my sled comes with 64g weights or whatever I won't be able to go more than 3/4 throttle without hitting the rev limiter. Might as well not leave the garage with it.

And don't get me wrong. I fork the money over like the next guy but its just salt in the already expensive wound, not to mention its just blatant greed on their part. The dealers used to have to do this on their own dollar so they are happy about it at least.
True, i just meant in terms of it not costing the manufacture any more really, but its a price hike to the consumer

brantd

Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2010
its funny,all this boast about the 900R.Noone ,at any point and time has mentioned Jack Struthers(carls cycle).

A
Nov 26, 2007
Alaska
its funny,all this boast about the 900R.Noone ,at any point and time has mentioned Jack Struthers(carls cycle).

His product seems to have a very good reputation, but maybe he knows something about this Polaris version that makes him not want to be associated with it. Wouldn't surprise me a bit.

Duzzi

Lifetime Membership
Sep 30, 2013

Save the $ from the factory on low elevation clutching and get bba clutching.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
It would be nice if we had the option to NOT get "stock" clutching at all (weights, helix), and and pay LESS.

I always get Carls clutching anyway, and the old (stock) parts are never used. I am sure that will never happen though :)

This year, the clutching was "bundled" with electric start for some reason.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Bundle doesn't matter. You had choice of high or low in electric start or manual. They are coming one of 4 ways whether bundled or not

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
It mentioned his name somewhere. But i know polaris is making the cylinders for the carls 900, as well as the ypipe. Carls has a few 900s with the 650 crank out there as well, carls uses a slp head with custom domes, and there is different levels of porting done them. Now i would say polaris has taken alot of this and implemented it, and with the ability to do it at a production scale with cnc porting.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Nobody ever did come up with a reason for low elevation clutching being higher priced than high elevation clutching.

Premium Features