• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Quietest snow check ever

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Why is a turbo not suited for low elevation? I ride 2-4000' and we get 20-30 feet of snow each year. 4' over night and tracks covered in the afternoon the were there in the morning, happen alot. The 900 won't come close to the turbo deep snow, my deep snow is dont Park on anything thats not on a down hill.

C
Dec 14, 2020
Why is a turbo not suited for low elevation? I ride 2-4000' and we get 20-30 feet of snow each year. 4' over night and tracks covered in the afternoon the were there in the morning, happen alot. The 900 won't come close to the turbo deep snow, my deep snow is dont Park on anything thats not on a down hill.

It's just that you don't need it nearly as bad. Go to 10000 feet and you're down 30% on power naturally aspirated. Boost will make that 30% and then a little.

At 4000' you're down maybe 3-5%, so add the 900 power to the 850 without the 30 lbs of extra weight.

Obviously if you're running an aftermarket turbo with race gas you can make a ton more power.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Oh the boost helps alot in deep snow even at my elevation. And with the 9r havthe p22, I'm sure it won't come close to a well setup 850 with a p85. It might fell better, don't think it will out climb it.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Alaska
I think the clutch kit is a dealer installed option.. Like a rack or any other accessory the dealer has to install it. It does not come off the assembly line with it even if you snow check the clutch kit. So unfortunately it costs more.
I don't understand why people don't understand this. Your sled with run 100% fine without a rack, or cool graphics, or whatever overpriced doo-dad your dealer installed. Your sled will not run well at all with a severely underweighted primary.

They assemble the secondaries and primaries at the factory with springs , weights, and helixes for either high or low elevation. It as simple as some guy or gal reaching into 1 of 2 bins to pick the right weights. There are no extra parts, just slightly different parts (that they already manufacture anyway). Pretty much zero extra time or expense for Polaris. This is not a question of going above and beyond for some kind of performance gain. This is about making me pay extra so that my sled works at a very basic level. Its just salt the in the $20,000 wound.

In the past dealers just absorbed this cost as they would have to put heavier weights in when they received the sleds from Polaris.

Premium Features