• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Question about steering post

D
Jun 1, 2004
Big Lake, Minnesota
I have an 06 800x 151. This winter I wanted to push the handle bars up more so they were standing more straight up and down. Well could not do it because there is a notch on the steering post that does not allow the bars to go forard any more. I was going to grind off the notch this summer but I just wanted to make sure that that is not going to effect anything? Thanks.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
I have seen alot of guys do that, BUT if you ever slam into the bars or hit something/roll the sled etc...and the bars fold over forward, it will stretch the throttle cable and give it full throttle.....possible safety issue there.
Another option is to put a short articulating riser on top of the riser block so just the bars are moved forward.

X

xrs800pheonix1

Apr 5, 2009
Alberton mt
move bars

I have a 07 I don't know if it had that notch on it or not since I bought it used. But I have flown over the bars and pushed the extension forward and did not have the throttle take off on me but if you put your electric safety chord on you I don't think this would be a problem. Another thing you could do is loosen the extension start up the sled and push the bars forward to see if it pulls on the throttle cable at all. If so maybe get a throttle extension.

Premium Features