• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Problem starting

Nytroboost

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2011
Having a problem getting my sled to start. Anyone know what the rack of 4 relays are controlling. Oh it's a 2010 Nytro. Fuel pump runs but feels like no spark. Cranks over good but won't fire won't even try. Any ideas. Thanx

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
Pull a plug and touch to th block to verify no spark, check your fuses?, also check the plugs to see if they aren't fouled, that's a quick easy check to start off with

Nytroboost

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2011
Just put new plugs in and yes they are very hard to change and check with a front mount.

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
I had the same thing happen last year. It ended up being a blown fuse in the ignition circuit. Not sure if the 2010 is the same as my 08, but if you are standing at the front of the sled the fuse that went bad was on the left side tucked in next to the subframe.

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
Happened to me once the fuel pump fuse had poped. So it would crank but no fuel=no fire. Swapped in fuse and back on track. If you checked fuses....double check them again.

Nytroboost

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2011
I have fuel. Pulled my feul line lots sprays out. Lol. It has no spark for sure. Sprayed started fuel in it not even a burp. Just got a wiring diagram for it so need to figure out why no spark. Checked all the obvious like fuses etc ... Trouble shooting ongoing.

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Two things come to mind since you brought up the fact that its hard to change the spark plugs on a front mount.
first is are the spark plugs gapped correctly and second are the coils securely fastened to the top of the spark plugs. Just throwing it out there because it is funny how the easy stuff can jump up and bite us every once in awhile. even for trained professionsals hehe

Nytroboost

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2011
It's kinda funny but yes did figure it out. The sled was crazy flooded. Had to hold throttle wide open and crank for along time. Till it finally fired then died. Just kept doing that till it ran. Lol. It's all good now. Not real sure why it flooded tho.

Rattman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 7, 2013
Saskabush
I'm running into the same issue. Nytro won't start after i took it on its test drive. I finally finished my build. Install moto-psycho fuel bridge. Almost seems like its flooded. Turns over no problem but wouldn't start unless I gave it some throttle and now it won't even fire. which fuses control spark. I'm gonna check that to make sure its making spark. I put in a set of new plugs when it started with the idling issues. I've check the TPS and its registering 16 which should be closed 2012 MTX Nytro head shim Stage 1 MPI upgrade kit with Fuel pump. Timing adjusted to Powerlites timing jig. No engine codes are coming up currently, But code 81 flashed up before everything went south. 81 Is the hand warms. Unless water could have gotten into a connection someplace?

Last edited:
Premium Features