• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014 cat m8000 boondocker turbo sled will not run on boondocker box but will run on stock ECU

M
Nov 30, 2020
Ran on stock harness put on new boondocker box and harness won't run sometime will start and run but turn it off and it won't start hook up to stock harness and starts right up don't know where to go from here I'm thinking maybe the ECU may have a issue but not sure anyone got an idea I read a post a guy had the same problem but he never said what the problem was why is it no one ever tells how they fix it please help

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
If it runs with BD box removed and not when hooked up I would think BD box is problem. ECU issue wouldn't allow it to work either way. Check for wire issues on BD box harness.

M
Nov 30, 2020
Ran on stock harness put on new boondocker box and harness won't run sometime will start and run but turn it off and it won't start hook up to stock harness and starts right up don't know where to go from here I'm thinking maybe the ECU may have a issue but not sure anyone got an idea I read a post a guy had the same problem but he never said what the problem was why is it no one ever tells how they fix it please help
Brand new boondocker box

M
Nov 30, 2020
New from Boondocker doesn't mean much. Try it on another sled to verify if it is the problem. I have a damaged box that runs but screen no good. Where are you located?
I live in la pine oregon I have a the box that came off of it and it was doing the same thing

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
The boondocker harness is likely your culprit, I've had issues of one grounding out on the fuel rail / throttle body heat shield. Look for any signs of rubbing / chaffing

M
Nov 30, 2020
Did you change BD harness as well or just box?
New box new harness new stator new ECU still same thing going to replace the VR this week if that don't fix it the next thing I put on it will be some c-4 and see if that will fix it, the night it happened I unloaded it and noticed my low beam s didn't work so I am hoping it's the vr

M
Nov 30, 2020
Well this is what's happening with it my boost board was fried so got a new one did't help. when i tried to start it the control box would light up but no numbers would come on so no start i could hook a 9 volt batt to it and it would start right up i could take the batt off while it was running and it would be fine but shut it off and would not start.I talked to boondocker and they said to send it back and they would check it out, well i knew that this would take at least a month so i took my old box and started checking the harness and found a broken wire the one that hook to my # 1 injector i patched it up and put it on and it started right up thought i had it fixed but when i hooked up the boost boaed it would not start unplug the board it would start. so i wanted to ride it some of the season so i took everything off i don't know whats wrong but i think that the new controller has a problem and the boost board is also bad i won't know for a few weeks when i find out i will post it on here. One more thing i read about a 1000000 post and was wondering why when people ask for help that they don't ever tell what fixed the problem Should start a thred where people can tell what problems they have had and how it was fix it might be handy I'll let you know how it turns out

Premium Features