• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pro Matryx review

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
less deep - Axys or Matryx - hood deep Matryx Slash all the way.

I am adding a longer fts and longer limiter strap to mine to see if that helps at all on the handling.

LOL! Gotta watch that short tunnel! Sled wants to fishtail once the skis and boards are off the ground! I fishtailed right into a tree Saturday - now I'm waiting on a new A arm - oops!!

A
Mar 14, 2011
Saskatoon, SK
I ran my 2019 Axys 174 850 for its first three winters and kept it as a backup this 2022 winter. I ran my 2022 Matryx 165 850 this winter.

As it is 9 months from end of 2021 season riding the Axys 174 to the 2022 Matryx, I don't trust my impressions of the new sled vs the old sled. My impressions were that it felt and handled exactly the same and had the same amount of 'go' as the old sled.

As is common for the 2022 Matryx, mine crapped the bed and was unrideable due to faulty fuel pump design after 14 days. So I brought out the old 2019 Axys 174 for the last day of the trip. As I was riding it, I really couldn't tell any difference compared to the Matryx. The go is the same, the handling is the same. Maybe the 174 makes wider turns on flat hard pack at low speed. I was going the same places, using the same technique, and feeling no difference. To me the biggest difference was the lack of 7s gauge on the older sled - I had to keep whipping out my phone with Gaia app to check the map.

zaasman

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2019
Yukon
So I brought out the old 2019 Axys 174 for the last day of the trip. As I was riding it, I really couldn't tell any difference compared to the Matryx.

This weekend I snapped an a-arm on my Matryx shortly after setting off, and ended up riding my brothers spare Axys Pro for the day. That sled was a 600 with a 39" front end, so wouldn't compare performance to the new 850, but one thing that really stood out to me was how much wider the seat/tank/console is on the Axys. To me it was significant, the Matryx is much more comfortable to move around on. In my eyes that alone is worth it, not a trivial benefit.

However, a Matryx sidelined with a bad pump sucks, sorry to hear that. Mine has had some pump whine, but on fairly isolated incidents. So far still going strong at 800 km ...knock on wood.

J
Nov 13, 2015
Sweden
I have been riding both Axys and Matryx, both Khaos, this season. I would say its a big differens between them. Slimmer more movable feeling in the sled, more balanced on the Matryx, and the tunnel (slash) eats the deep so much easier. To me it is a big difference, and only to the better. First thing you think it is more nose heavy, but that disappeared after riding one day. And the 7S display;)

600 rmk 144

Jan 26, 2009
For all the Matryx Pro riders- have you been able to tune more ski lift into it for a more playful feeing when needed?

idahosledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
I dropped the front mount in the tunnel and like it kick better.
I've also read the FTS is long enough to just add a KAOS limiter strap, I may try that next year and move the front mount back up.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

K
Jun 30, 2017
I dropped the front mount in the tunnel and like it kick better.
I've also read the FTS is long enough to just add a KAOS limiter strap, I may try that next year and move the front mount back up.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
it is, nothing crazy without changing springs or valving but for the cost its a no brainer

U
Feb 1, 2013
Sheetmetal Fab
The 3d logic bend is further out than the stock one. (Not good for my big hands)

Highly recommend the oem lever and old style handlebar hook. (Gives 5/8-3/4” more effective handlebar width outboard)

I went one step further and ground down the insert diameter Of an old style 45 hook (add 1.25” bar width) and am running the 3dlogik. View attachment 386003
Sheetmetalfab, how did you mount your gas can? Looks like it’s sitting a little higher up above the tunnel. Did the holes all line up or did you have to drill new ones?
What track length is your sled, and do you think you have room left for a tunnel bag?

Sorry for all the questions, seriously looking at picking up a Matryx Slash. Just trying to figure out all the options. I like to carry gas just in case, also like to put whatever I can on the sled and not in the pack.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Sheetmetal Fab

Sheetmetalfab, how did you mount your gas can? Looks like it’s sitting a little higher up above the tunnel. Did the holes all line up or did you have to drill new ones?
What track length is your sled, and do you think you have room left for a tunnel bag?

Sorry for all the questions, seriously looking at picking up a Matryx Slash. Just trying to figure out all the options. I like to carry gas just in case, also like to put whatever I can on the sled and not in the pack.
165 slash boost.

Universal mountain addiction rails.
I drilled holes.

The Polaris bag is tight to the back of tank.

Fuel gets dumped in after an hour with the thirsty boost.

If you put the MA can right behind the tank a tunnel bag would fit great.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Considering my stock 20’ 850 khaos 155 to my stock 22’ 850 khaos. Both have the 2.75 track. The 22’ seems much stronger, definitely holds rpm’s higher longer and climbs higher. Chassis wise they are pretty close, maytrx is more comfortable to ride and holds a side hill easier and easier maneuver through the trees. Difference is not huge, buts it’s there.

Premium Features