• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Khaos slash boost vs pro slash boost

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
For daily riding the 155 boost exaggerates the difference the most. But the reality is its just limiter strap ans front shock length (and shock valving)

So if you find a pro and decide it's lazy ans ski heavy you can easily swap to khaos parts later if thsts what your asking.

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
Both are fun and lively. if you want to go straight up a hill get the pro. If you want to zig zag up the face khaos

E
Aug 20, 2011
Soo/Menominee MI
For daily riding the 155 boost exaggerates the difference the most. But the reality is its just limiter strap ans front shock length (and shock valving)

So if you find a pro and decide it's lazy ans ski heavy you can easily swap to khaos parts later if thsts what your asking.
Would it be easy enough to just tighten the rts spring and suck in the fts a little bit on the khaos then?

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
for '24 the pro and khaos rails are the same.
limiter strap (1 now) is longer on khaos
FTS is slighly longer on Khaos (although there were some pros that had the same length)
Khaos shocks have more adjustability

E
Aug 20, 2011
Soo/Menominee MI
for '24 the pro and khaos rails are the same.
limiter strap (1 now) is longer on khaos
FTS is slighly longer on Khaos (although there were some pros that had the same length)
Khaos shocks have more adjustability
Id be going with a 22/23, but good to know that they have a different rail profile on the 22/23 khaos and pro.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
You can by an adjustable limiter strap for the Khaos and just tighten it up when needed. Had one on my boost and works good.

Screenshot_20231129-065425_Samsung Internet.jpg

jeeper8650

Premium Member
Oct 18, 2016
Man I have both a 165 pro and 165 khaos and I can hardly tell any difference. I think the biggest factor in the ride is just the shock limiter set up.

E
Aug 20, 2011
Soo/Menominee MI
OP what type of riding are you doing?

KHAOS is lighter front end and more playful.
PRO is more predictable

limiter strap and shocks are a main difference
I kinda do everything, i enjoy tight tree riding, but enjoy doing all the hopovers and bow ties when the conditions allow. Biggest thing is, despite running my pro rmk axys 155 on 7+# of boost, i gotta really work it to get the front end up.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I kinda do everything, i enjoy tight tree riding, but enjoy doing all the hopovers and bow ties when the conditions allow. Biggest thing is, despite running my pro rmk axys 155 on 7+# of boost, i gotta really work it to get the front end up.
🤨 hopovers and bowties in the meadow???

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
You must have a terrible running turbo axys……….

My silber axys 800 @5# was a crazy wheelie machine with a 162……..

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
I have a 23 Khaos 165 and a 24 Pro 165 with only one ride on it. I found the Pro to ride much more plush and I have chased the best suspension set up on the Khaos all last season. Didn't find a huge difference in handling but it is too early to be sure.

E
Aug 20, 2011
Soo/Menominee MI
You must have a terrible running turbo axys……….

My silber axys 800 @5# was a crazy wheelie machine with a 162……..
Despite doing a khaos fts conversion, it just doesnt really have a lot of pop. Yeah, climbing straight up a hill it will ride wheelies all the way over the top, or when on the power. Its just got the typical turbo bottom end response. Also i ride at 7500+ feet out west, the terrain just isnt as good here in the midwest. Also 5# here runs great, and wheelies pretty solid.

🤨 hopovers and bowties in the meadow???
I mean not everyone is a full time dickhead from outwest :/

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Despite doing a khaos fts conversion, it just doesnt really have a lot of pop. Yeah, climbing straight up a hill it will ride wheelies all the way over the top, or when on the power. Its just got the typical turbo bottom end response. Also i ride at 7500+ feet out west, the terrain just isnt as good here in the midwest. Also 5# here runs great, and wheelies pretty solid.

I can attest a 155 khaos boost with 300LX track has enough “pop” for any crazy nut. 😁

I love having the ability to turn a QSL rear shock and go mild to wild with mine. (Running Burandt fox coilovers khaos geometry)

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca

Did you go with the softer rear coil spring too?

Premium Features