• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

IceAge Pro-Motion on 2022 Matryx 165" Slash?

RMK900Tractor

Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2008
Eau Claire, WI
Has anybody tried the IceAge Pro-Motion on 2022 Matryx 165" Slash?

I have heard some people say it will make it wash out on side hills.

Anybody with experience with it on the Matryx platform?

S

SKIDOO EXPERT

Jan 17, 2023
Idaho
Has anybody tried the IceAge Pro-Motion on 2022 Matryx 165" Slash?

I have heard some people say it will make it wash out on side hills.

Anybody with experience with it on the Matryx platform?
The Pro-Motion should be compatible since the rear suspension on the Polaris PRO RMK hasn't undergone any significant revamps since the PRO era.

Have you ridden your Polaris Matryx yet, or are you coming off a Ski-Doo and previously liked your T-Motion? I think there are times where the T-Motion and IceAge Pro-Motion have their place but these newer machines are much easier to maneuver. The pro-motion may benefit in low angle terrain like meadows and rolling hills for effortless transitions when carving but when you get into steeper sidehills and technical terrain it may introduce more washout and counteract it's purpose.

RMK900Tractor

Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2008
Eau Claire, WI
The Pro-Motion should be compatible since the rear suspension on the Polaris PRO RMK hasn't undergone any significant revamps since the PRO era.

Have you ridden your Polaris Matryx yet, or are you coming off a Ski-Doo and previously liked your T-Motion? I think there are times where the T-Motion and IceAge Pro-Motion have their place but these newer machines are much easier to maneuver. The pro-motion may benefit in low angle terrain like meadows and rolling hills for effortless transitions when carving but when you get into steeper sidehills and technical terrain it may introduce more washout and counteract it's purpose.

I have had the Pro-motion in my 2014 Pro RMK 163" and 2019 RMK 163" and liked the way it improved the maneuverability. I have not ridden a Skidoo Summitt with the T-motion. What you are writing about its performance also aligns with what I was told previously. My thought is maybe the Matryx maneuverability is much better than the Axys, that there is no longer a benefit to add the Pro-motion. There is probably no definite answer to my question - probably comes down to personal riding preference.

S

SKIDOO EXPERT

Jan 17, 2023
Idaho
I have had the Pro-motion in my 2014 Pro RMK 163" and 2019 RMK 163" and liked the way it improved the maneuverability. I have not ridden a Skidoo Summitt with the T-motion. What you are writing about its performance also aligns with what I was told previously. My thought is maybe the Matryx maneuverability is much better than the Axys, that there is no longer a benefit to add the Pro-motion. There is probably no definite answer to my question - probably comes down to personal riding preference.
I agree, a lot of the decision making for many aftermarket pieces is personal preference and riding style. The Matryx is definitely an improvement over the Axys in terms of handling but the foundation they are built upon is still very similar. It seems like iceage has superseded some products like pro-motion with parts like the elevate spindle and proper shock setup.

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
I had one on my 14 and didnt really notice a difference.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Premium Features