• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Khaos slash boost vs pro slash boost

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
Honestly if you're planning on going from an 800 Silber axys to a boost, I personally do not think the $12,000 - $15,000 your going to spend to upgrade is worth it. I've had 9 Polaris 800's and 850's all with Silber turbos and have had more headaches with my boost than all the Silber's combined. My boost has spent over 20 days in the dealerships shop for issues not related to the stop rides. My previous 9 Silber turbo sleds never even had 5 days at the dealership combined. I think the Silber 850 kit is the best running most reliable turbo that you can have on a Polaris sled, the only downfall is you have to mix av gas.

E
Aug 20, 2011
Soo/Menominee MI
Honestly if you're planning on going from an 800 Silber axys to a boost, I personally do not think the $12,000 - $15,000 your going to spend to upgrade is worth it. I've had 9 Polaris 800's and 850's all with Silber turbos and have had more headaches with my boost than all the Silber's combined. My boost has spent over 20 days in the dealerships shop for issues not related to the stop rides. My previous 9 Silber turbo sleds never even had 5 days at the dealership combined. I think the Silber 850 kit is the best running most reliable turbo that you can have on a Polaris sled, the only downfall is you have to mix av gas.
Is it worth maybe just doing the silber setup again on an 850 khaos? I won't lie, I've got 3 seasons, and almost 2k miles of boost on my 19(39xx total miles) and it's been pretty fricken solid.

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
When I look back on it I've got 2 seasons on my boost and the only real advantage I see is pump gas, however I've also had det issues with my boost so I'm likely going to have to bump up the octane on my boost to keep the det's away. I think the bomb for a Polaris would be the Silber kit on a 9R since its such a quick reving engine. I would also be happy going back to a Silber 850.

E
Aug 20, 2011
Soo/Menominee MI
When I look back on it I've got 2 seasons on my boost and the only real advantage I see is pump gas, however I've also had det issues with my boost so I'm likely going to have to bump up the octane on my boost to keep the det's away. I think the bomb for a Polaris would be the Silber kit on a 9R since its such a quick reving engine. I would also be happy going back to a Silber 850.
Interesting, something to think about! I do appreciate the input.

Premium Features