• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pro armor tether installation?

Z
Nov 29, 2009
Easiest way to install? without soldering if possible?
Is there any connector so i can use flat blade or round connectors to plug in the tether?
PC -12

I

insomniac62

Nov 19, 2010
Aberdeen, SD
Easiest way to install? without soldering if possible?

Is there any connector so i can use flat blade or round connectors to plug in the tether?

PC -12

You could use a scotch lock .... Not a fan myself, but it is an option.

Without soldering, you could use a razor and remove some insulation from the factory wires, make an opening, string your new wire through then twist around factory wire making a rather strong mechanical connection .

Soldering is your best bet though.

Good luck!

2011 M8 153"
Boondocker Turbo
KMOD
Built by VOHK

2006 M7 162"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Z
Nov 29, 2009
You could use a scotch lock .... Not a fan myself, but it is an option.

Without soldering, you could use a razor and remove some insulation from the factory wires, make an opening, string your new wire through then twist around factory wire making a rather strong mechanical connection .

Soldering is your best bet though.

Good luck!

2011 M8 153"
Boondocker Turbo
KMOD
Built by VOHK

2006 M7 162"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks, soldering seems to be the way to go.

E

Extreme-One

Nov 26, 2007
Meridian, ID
Just installed two Pro Armor Tethers tonight, one on a 14' and one on a 13'. It literally took 20 minutes on each sled and that was soldering the connections, re-taping and putting everything together. I tapped into the wires behind the plastic cover at the handle bars... super easy.
I installed the factory tether at the connections under the gas tank, total pain and took way longer on my 12'.
I found a pic that someone posted and it made it easy... I added pic from previous post.

attachment.php

edaneqy6.jpg

brantd

Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2010
Just installed two Pro Armor Tethers tonight, one on a 14' and one on a 13'. It literally took 20 minutes on each sled and that was soldering the connections, re-taping and putting everything together. I tapped into the wires behind the plastic cover at the handle bars... super easy.
I installed the factory tether at the connections under the gas tank, total pain and took way longer on my 12'.
I found a pic that someone posted and it made it easy... I added pic from previous post.

attachment.php
yep just like this,except I ran the tether wires down closer to the plug in the engine bay,takes no time at all,mine works great on my 13 800,i mounted the tether on the left side of the handlebar,what took the longest was cutting out the rubber from the mountain bar to make room for the tether!

Last edited:
C
Feb 5, 2010
Norway
I have seen some say that you can run your tether from Pro Armor and drop the key for the sled.
Is that true?
Because I really want to drop the key and the TSS on my sled, and use the Pro Armor tether instead.
Because my key is always freezing on me and my TSS has been frozen a few times making me stuck in the parking lot, because I can`t get the RPM`s with the TSS frozen.
So if I can drop using the key and just stick to the Pro Armor tether cord, that would be great.

S

shaun3232

Oct 6, 2011
Just unplug the key switch. Works on my sled without it hooked up.. But I have a cat tether.. Not sure if that makes a difference.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I recognize that pic. Lol
I soldered this plug in between the harness and tether just in case the tether went bad, easy to unplug and get the sled running.

uploadfromtaptalk1413675563179.jpg

K
Dec 15, 2020

attachment.php
Which color wires did you tap into? I see white goes to purple/red and black goes to one of the blacks? Which black do you use I see two in the harness? thanks for the photo it helps a lot going to order my pro armor tether and get it coming for my 2013.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Which color wires did you tap into? I see white goes to purple/red and black goes to one of the blacks? Which black do you use I see two in the harness? thanks for the photo it helps a lot going to order my pro armor tether and get it coming for my 2013.
Violet/red and black/blue wires are the tether/kill switch/key circuit. short those two wires together in any location, sled dies.

Sent it

Premium Features