• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polishing Tunnel

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
J

jlebrun_05

Dec 9, 2007
Dell Rapids, SD
I just "sanded" my tunnel first with a scotchbrite pad, put mother mag polish on a felt ball on a drill, finished up with a rag and some more mothers. Picture looks a little crappy cuz it got dirty and spotted up on the way home, but it cleans up nice

newsled2013-1.jpg

M

MotoPsycho

Jan 4, 2008
Wyoming
PsychoSled.com
P2.JPG

Now that's a polish job. Nicely done man.

Thanks. I guess I fergot to mention what I used...
Wool Pad and Mother's for initial burnish
Mother's Ball and Mother's for cleanup
Mother's by hand for finish
Lotsa patience

I usually take pic's outa quotes, but I can't get enuf of the beer cap bikini!!!

M
Oct 24, 2008
Fort St James
Thanks. I guess I fergot to mention what I used...
Wool Pad and Mother's for initial burnish
Mother's Ball and Mother's for cleanup
Mother's by hand for finish
Lotsa patience

I usually take pic's outa quotes, but I can't get enuf of the beer cap bikini!!!

You have way more patience than I sir. Whatever the case, it turned out amazing. I wonder if my tunnel was ever that srtaight and flat? LOL.

M

mtncat800

Nov 26, 2007
Central Iowa
Dunatic,

That is sweet.

I started with 1000, then 2000, and 3000, all wet. The worst part about getting them done is all you have to do is touch it and it scratches.

B
Dec 3, 2007
wifes sled

polishing002.jpg
polishing001.jpg

used brown rouge + orange wheel, green rouge + white wheel, blue magic + power ball, blue magic + hand and micro fiber :rolleyes:

polishing 002.jpg polishing 001.jpg

Last edited:
R

River Ratt

Oct 27, 2008
Markerville AB
A truck detailer put me onto "Wicked" up north here you can only buy it at Peterbuilt, it is the best bang for your buck, for maintenance use Vim toilet bowl cleaner, it cleans the pours, sounds goofy but it works. You'll need to buy a big bag of rags, this stuff really works and is not that hard to apply.

C
Dec 11, 2007
St.Regis MT
Cool!

Glad I found this thread! I bought a newer sled and started taking all the old stickers from the last 4 years off of it. Now I'm going to have to do some polishing to make it look better.Thanks for all the great info guys!!!
:beer;:beer;:beer;:D:beer;:beer;:beer;

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
liquid mothers and the powerball, to all you guys wondering how to polish around the sharp areas, by hand!!! you will just shred your powerball. instead of using a ton of clean towels i have one bath towel i have been using for years, was white many moons ago but is now black. sure i could do a touch up polish by just using it!!! you gotta show the love...

000_0249.jpg

Premium Features