• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snow build up under tunnel

wonderxc600

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
MN
I noticed there's a lot of snow building up under the tunnel behind the cooler. Is there anything I could put on the underside of the tunnel. So there isn't so much build up/weight.
Thanks

C
Dec 14, 2020
Oil.

Or just smash into rocks so the skid pushes up and cleans it out with the track for you.

Pretty sure every sled in the history of sledding has snow stuck to the tunnel.

F

Funzy0798

Nov 6, 2023
Colorado
I've heard of people using PlowSlick or Snow Wax before. Both are made for plow blades. Haven't tried either myself

jdog1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2007
I always heard snow doesn’t stick to Polaris tunnels. Heard vasoline works well.

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
There's a number of hydrophobic sprays on the market that you can try. Most would have to be applied daily though. You can generally find them in auto parts stores - think of sprays that keep ice from building up on your windshield. I recall buying one several years ago that was more permanent that you sprayed on like paint but I can't think of who made it. It did work reasonably well. Plow Slick mentioned above looks to be the equivalent to what I used years ago.

Premium Features