• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris Presents... The New Arctic Cat 858!

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
The irony to me is the pile of cash Polaris spent on advertising will never catch my eye because of their failure to launch without stop rides.

Please cat, keep the money in r&d and let poo and the natural wonders of social media do the work for you.

Yes, if demand exceeds sales, you have successfully marketed.

off trail mike

Lifetime Membership
May 31, 2011
New Brunswick, Canada
Saw that podcast last night and had the same WTF moment at the beginning LOL....

The 600 is already a ripper and if the newer style monorail holds up, this is going to be serious competition...

I wonder if they're going to release the 858 and then do a 650/700 version based on 858 similar to doo later on? Can't imagine the 600 will last once the 858 shows up.

tenacious84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 19, 2010
They didnt really. The only mechanical change is the crank which is only different crankwheels really. Cylinders, cases, head, pistons are all the same.
Its a great motor but its just a stop gap in the catalyst.
true, and the crank wheels are the same as those used on the 800. However, they did have to retool, calibrate, and certify the exhaust which they would have to repeat if they went to something new.

Premium Features