• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris is a Sh@# show

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
Yes, stop rides on RZR and some Sportsman ATVs. Cant take delivery of the new 570 until they get the issue fixed. Kind of a bummer, but not going to ride until late spring/early summer, so not a big deal i guess.

mtncat1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2008
south jordan ut.
Polaris' paying customers are their R&D team, and it's really starting to show haha. Hope it all gets sorted out for you all

Is this 5 or 6 recalls in the calendar year?
you say that while at the same time riding a cat , the company that made their rep but putting out poorly tested products

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Polaris' paying customers are their R&D team, and it's really starting to show haha. Hope it all gets sorted out for you all

Is this 5 or 6 recalls in the calendar year?
My polaris boost works awesome and so does my 850 matryx slash. My boost fuel pump quit whining halfway through the season. The brake works awesome on both. More responsive and less throw which i like. 481 miles on boost since didn't get it until feb 10th and 454 on 850. Best sleds polaris has made to date unless you read the internet. I actually sold both so it doesn't matter otherwise i would have rode them.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I hear you and i am by no means sticking up for polaris. Their track record sucks. It sucks they don't have parts for people. My dealer still doesn't and doesn't know when. That is the only saving grace of having a late delivery. Maybe they'll be fixed at the factory. No guarantee with polaris. I am going to try a lynx but actually believe polaris has the best sled out there if you are willing to deal with this kind of stuff. Kind of like owning a camper. Great in one sense and sucks in another. If we had a big dump i would be at Cooke riding. What was it 30 out of 300,000. I am not worried about the clutch bolt. I think it would have unloaded if it was going to but maybe I'm wrong. I am surely not worried about the brake. My fuel pump quit whining 350 miles ago. The 9r won't be here until January and rumors sound like the lynx won't either. Guess i will be riding the mountain max.

R
Nov 27, 2007
South Fork, CO
People comparing vehicle recalls to polaris' recalls this year :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.99% of the time they aren't a stop-drive and stop-sale recall on a truck. It's usually something small, stupid and doesn't effect the use fo the vehicle. These guys are spending like 20-25k on a sled and now can't ride it because the brake is going to melt some **** inside? WTF? I'd be a mad SOB if I bought a new polaris

M
Dec 4, 2010
That is because they just don't do 'stop rides" in the automotive business because the world would grind to a halt. Case in point, the airbag recall.... "There is a risk of a bomb going off in your face when you drive".... please service as soon as possible (ie sometime in the next 2 years while they work on getting replacements). Can you imagine if that was a recall on ATV or sled? The gas pump issue...affected sleds going back almost 10 years.... with a total known count of 30. It was not an engineering problem, they were not breaking any known best practices at the time... they were doing similar construction with metal fuel clips as I have observed on other brands of sleds. Why is there no recall on those other brands? Ask the factory rep and see what answer you get. This is just a case of risk mitigation on Polaris' part. They are telling you not to ride it, that there is an extremely small chance of the sled catching fire if you starting under specific conditions. Their ass is covered from the legal eagles and blame pointers of the world. If **** happens in the world, somebody must be to blame... Right?

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
People comparing vehicle recalls to polaris' recalls this year :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.99% of the time they aren't a stop-drive and stop-sale recall on a truck. It's usually something small, stupid and doesn't effect the use fo the vehicle. These guys are spending like 20-25k on a sled and now can't ride it because the brake is going to melt some **** inside? WTF? I'd be a mad SOB if I bought a new polaris
You sound like a mad SOB already. So, a double mad SOB? Haha

tahoe151

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Truckee
you say that while at the same time riding a cat , the company that made their rep but putting out poorly tested products
had a 07 m1000, seized at mid throttle due to too lean emissions tuning, four post clutch broken, two reverse Sun gears and went through belts every fifty miles that was a fun first year sled (tank)

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
had a 07 m1000, seized at mid throttle due to too lean emissions tuning, four post clutch broken, two reverse Sun gears and went through belts every fifty miles that was a fun first year sled (tank)
Same, I had an 01 MC 800 LE, Popped the Motor the first 100 miles and fought with Cat on the warranty. Week after I got it back they issued a recall due to PTO bearing seal being garbage....then the power valves sticking, then the center shock came apart and destroyed a track, then.... Before that it was 98 Powder Specials that had a bog after you let off and get back into it from a $.29 washer on the throttle thumb pivot that was to blame but took forever to diagnose that little washer caused the system to think the throttle was pinned and tried to kill the motor. Then there was the fact that a little 136 was eating hifax like the cookie monster. Before that was the 96 ZRT (Fun sled, but did not come without issues of it's own.) Fun fact if you've been riding for awhile. They all come with issues, sleds have almost always been expensive in comparison with the times. It's people that have become more litigation prone that causes companies to cover their azzes like this. Add in the current day supply chain issues and we have a recipe for crap like this.

Anyone remember pre-1996 when if you didn't order a sled you may not be riding come next winter? Dealers in my area wouldn't order you a new sled unless you had one to trade that they could sell. If you didn't have one and you wanted a new sled, you better find a decent used one that your dealer will accept on trade next year but your not riding a new one this year unless you have connections. Sort of sucked but I remember Trading ZR580's for the same thing the next year for $200 but they would give me $400 Cat Cash. It was a no brainer to trade up to another new 0 miles sled and get paid to do it.

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
The left tie rod assembly may break. A failure of the tie rod assembly may result in a loss of steering control, increasing the risk of a crash. Chrysler notified owners in December 2013 and offered through its dealers installation of a new left tie rod assembly, free of charge.

This is one many recalls on a 2005 Ram 3500. These trucks also had the airbag recall. I loved my 5.9!!!!

Yeah your right MRC... No stop drive !!!! Hmmmm

Last edited:

PSI 800

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 1, 2015
north west british columbia
The left tie rod assembly may break. A failure of the tie rod assembly may result in a loss of steering control, increasing the risk of a crash. Chrysler notified owners in December 2013 and offered through its dealers installation of a new left tie rod assembly, free of charge.

This is one many recalls on a 2005 Ram 3500. These trucks also had the airbag recall. I loved my 5.9!!!!

Yeah your right MRC... No stop drive !!!! Hmmmm
My 15 ram truck has had so many issues and recalls its not even funny. motor, tranny , multiple calipers, ac, cooler lines....

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
little birdy told me It will all be fixed in a few years when they revolutionize the sport with the new platform sporting a brake and belt drive like cat's!
hurray!!! win for everybody!

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
My 15 ram truck has had so many issues and recalls its not even funny. motor, tranny , multiple calipers, ac, cooler lines....
my 2013 Ram 3500 had the track bar bracket recall. brackets were breaking off the frame because of improper welding, causing the truck to loose steering. there was no "stop driving" notice issued

Premium Features