• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris is a Sh@# show

R
May 6, 2018
Maybe but covid and supply chain has nothing to do with the fact that someone could have woke up this morning and decided to walk into a dealership and purchase the exact same sled I’m waiting for without having ever put down a deposit or pre ordered. In what Polaris fantasy world does that make sense if that isn’t the biggest F you to their most loyal customers I don’t know what is.
Skidoo does the same thing. It’s about profits. Your sale is guaranteed so they want to make more money and only way to do that is floor models. They only care about their numbers man.

P
Dec 15, 2018
Cats have the same brakes? Well if cat can do it anyone can…right? Bwahaha!
It’s terrible for the used narket place too! I’d like a two three year old machine but with super low mike hardly used sleds (late delivery and broke) they cost to much lol!!!

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
If you watched Toby Shepherds 9 mod run in ‘21. The pads welded to the rotor a couple gates from the top. In his 6 mod run that year his QD belt melted and broke near the top as well.
The rotors, last year, were melting the speed sensors. That’s hot.
Yes they all ride the brake. Incredible heat buildup in less than 1.5 minutes.
Now think about how long guys are holding their brake in the back country.

Last edited:

Griff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alot to ask of Polaris to correct that with a recall. Be interesting to know the entire story behind the recall. Maybe this is a bit like the recalled automobiles that were flooring themselves and running into all kinds of stuff.

P
Dec 15, 2018
Could a clever snowmobile guy build a little sheet aluminum shroud for his break caliper. Used to do that on sprint cars lol. Seems like the guys at Polaris know you guys will buy these no matter if they work or not and are sipping cocktails while you get towed out by a ski-doo…lol(joking)

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Didn’t see this one coming. Aggressive brake riders (no pun intended) were melting down brake systems on the TCCS Axys’ long before the Matrix.

Not sure how I know this as I don’t ride, can’t ride and visit this forum only to sound smarter than everyone else and kiss TRS’ ass. Could be fake news?

Tjtwenty

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2016
In my mind, something just isn't adding up. Both the fuel tank and now the brake issue are things Polaris would have known about last winter, or spring at the latest. They knew all of this when they promised they were ahead of things and would get sleds here on time. So why did they wait until now to all of a sudden announce a recall, stop ride stop sell? Super frustrating! Having said that, I've kept my Doo turbo and my 22 na khaos just because I was afraid of something like this. I'll be taking my snowcheck boost whenever it gets here

L
Nov 20, 2011
For a stop ride shouldn’t they be required to provide a loaner sled of equal value and performance. Same as when new car with warranty goes to the dealer, it’s either loaner vehicle from dealer or pay to rent somewhere else if not available. If my 22’ 850 VR1 isn’t ready buy snow fly that will be my request to my dealer and Polaris.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S
Dec 5, 2010
Sḵwxwú7mesh, BC
For a stop ride shouldn’t they be required to provide a loaner sled of equal value and performance. Same as when new car with warranty goes to the dealer, it’s either loaner vehicle from dealer or pay to rent somewhere else if not available. If my 22’ 850 VR1 isn’t ready buy snow fly that will be my request to my dealer and Polaris.

I dont know man . I would start by asking for something more reasonable, like a flying dragon.

C
Dec 14, 2020

How would they find you a loaner? Wouldn't you just have them put the part in your sled before the loaner?

It's not like there's a ton of sleds just sitting around already fixed up. The dealer sleds will be the last to get updates.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008

Sounds like a reasonable request. Post your results.

S
Dec 16, 2011
Eastern Washingtom
How would they find you a loaner? Wouldn't you just have them put the part in your sled before the loaner?

It's not like there's a ton of sleds just sitting around already fixed up. The dealer sleds will be the last to get updates.

No the dealer sleds are the first to get the updates so they can be sold at least that’s what every dealer I know of did with the fuel tank blow up kits.

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
No the dealer sleds are the first to get the updates so they can be sold at least that’s what every dealer I know of did with the fuel tank blow up kits.

Thats actually an option I was given. I could trade my nearly new sled from the Spring for a new one off the floor ready to go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
For a stop ride shouldn’t they be required to provide a loaner sled of equal value and performance. Same as when new car with warranty goes to the dealer, it’s either loaner vehicle from dealer or pay to rent somewhere else if not available.

exactly. I don't see how they can expect/prevent the end user (owner) of the sled, which Polaris no longer owns, to not use it during the limited use time window.
especially when warranty and payments (for some) are just getting wasted away.

i have never seen a "stop drive" order issued when cars/trucks have a recall issue. Some auto recalls can have deadly consequences for the driver or others if they are not performed. However, there is no "stop drive" associated with them. for examples... Takata airbags, or Rams track bar bracket failures... no stop drive.

Polaris should compensate us some how. extended warranties, free accessories, etc... something

the biggest BS about this is the fact they obviously knew about this issue since last season and did nothing about it until now. they had all summer to issue the recall and fix the sleds. that's what I'm most pissed about

C
Dec 8, 2020
Waiting to release it over a holiday weekend and not even a peep from their side discussing it or the plan to take care of it. Their public relations department could use a house cleaning.

At least be transparent.

mrooks17

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2021
Ohio
Are they not having any stop rides on their sxs or 4wheelers?

Premium Features