• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Plugs backing out

keithw

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2010
What weights did you get w your kit?

76 gram weights. Managed to "find" a pair *edit* set of 80's to try. Even on the 3 lb spring same issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
USA
76 gram weights. Managed to "find" a pair *edit* set of 80's to try. Even on the 3 lb spring same issue.

The wastegate controls boost. You're obviously not controlling boost. And overboosting with inadequate octane could have caused those plugs to back out.

What kind of weights are you running? 10 series only go to 78's. All 80 gram weights will not run the same RPM given the same hp.

I'd swap wastegates and if that doesn't do it. Swap clutches.

Last edited:

keithw

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2010
Well my early DET problems and the continued runability issue on my sled was my down fall.

While I only hit the DET sensor one time that put the sled into limp mode and have less than 100 miles on this setup my motor just went down and went down big time. PTO piston, cylinder, and crank and crank case are toast.

I had glimpses here and there of feeling like I was getting this kit figured out but apparently not.

I suppose it is the price I pay. While I could throw silber under the bus, the reality is I bought the kit and installed it with clearly no guarantees. In fact I bought two of them at the same time. Both kits installed exactly the same way and the other sled runs perfect (for now at least).

No way to really know if it was the turbo kit or my sled. Either way I am out lots of money for a new motor.

If you want a hell of a deal on a lightly used silber kit sent me a pm. I will need the money to pay for a new motor.

kgra

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
British Columbia
I was going to suggest swapping secondary clutches with your buddy but it's too late. Sorry to hear. Anyways pull the Helix out of your secondary clutch, remove the spring and make sure the rollers aren't being pinched between the two machined faces. As this can stop or slow shift out in the mid- high speed and cause over rev. Also makes for poor back shifting.

keithw

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2010
Good suggestions. With the sled in pieces I went ahead and checked all that. Everything seems strong and the the sled had no problems with backshift.

Premium Features