• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Places to stay/ride in steamboat? Guide?

L

landon283

Nov 26, 2007
Edmore, ND
Like the title says, we'll be out there Sunday night to ride Monday-Friday. We haven't rode in the area so any help would be great or even any guides that would like to show us around a bit. We are all very experienced coming out and have all avy gear and packs etc. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

L

landon283

Nov 26, 2007
Edmore, ND
Forgot to mention we'll have a couple pickups and trailers so if anyone recommends cabins we need room for parking and whatnot thanks

880summitxrs

Lifetime Membership
Aug 1, 2009
Hey Landon just seen your post, a couple of us from mn are hear in steamboat also for the weak. We stayed in steamboat lastnite but looking for more sledder friendly accommodations. We're going to ride hauns peak today, rabbit ears tomorrow the probably hit up flat topps. If your in town to nite let's meet up for a beer, I'm driving a red super duty with white enclosed if see us. Have fun looks to be awesome!

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
Hahn's Peak, Rabbit Ears for sure. West of Hahn's you can ride to California Park. It's big. I hear great things about Buffalo Pass also. I guess parking can be a problem there, especially for the bigger rigs. But I have never been to Buffalo Pass. $.02.

bushy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
Glacier View, CO
With this kind of snow I'd recommend Rabbit Ears pass lots. Pretty huge lots there now, but a lot of people too now, even during the week. Still, shouldn't have any trouble even with a big rig. The lots are pretty well plowed and they are close to a well maintained highway and you don't have to trail ride to the goods. Ride right out of the lot at 9500' and never make it anywhere near Buff Pass. No need to with the snow we're getting, and a guide isn't really necessary, since you don't need to get far from the trail for great snow. Just make sure to have a GPS/Map and pay attention to where your at.

The Buff lots (either side of the pass) are pretty small and start at around 8000' so you pretty much have to ride trail to the top. Also, in a big storm like this the Grizzly Creek lot, near Walden, can go a while before the plow gets in there, so things can get pretty interesting! 8' drifts over the road in a few hours between you and town kind of interesting. Have fun, doesn't get much better than this. 5' of base and 5' of pow :D

ejf50

Lifetime Membership
Mar 6, 2008
Cabin has been taken care of. Anyone on the guiding thing?

What did you find for a cabin? We are heading out on the 22nd and we are striking out looking for a place. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

sledneck322

Premium Member
Sep 26, 2013
ADK's
We rented a large condo in Steamboat through VRBO. Slim pickings now as it appears the east coast is heading west since there is no snow there.

Premium Features