• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016 Axys Won’t Start/Stay Running

F
Dec 31, 2018
What issues are you having now ?
I've seen some guys on here (TRS) move to a different plug connector, but failed/melted during the season I believe.
Check out this thread: https://www.snowest.com/forum/threads/axys-stator-connection-fix.444113/

Soldering is pretty easy in the location it is in. Be sure to use some dielectric grease & shrink tube over your connections, lots of youtube vids on soldering.
If you have to replace your stator, cut your wires a few inches closer to the stator (below) the already soldered wires, this way you will have some extra wiring to work with when practicing soldering in a new stator lol. The wire gauge is fairly small from stator to plug.
If your stator checks out, it would be wise to check the air gap on the 2 pickups for the flywheel too, just to eliminate things. I've had to pry some to get back into spec, but never due to a non running issue.

View attachment 397852
We went with some enclosed faston connectors, used some heat shrink tubing over the backside of the ferrule and dialectic grease inside the connectors.

The fuel pump was working intermittently (amongst other things) so we ohm tested the stator. The black wires had no continuity or resistance. My multimeter was able to test that low. Upon removal we found a broken coil on the stator. I got a used stator locally so I tested it and installed it. Currently it seems to be fully operational. Tomorrow’s ride will be the true test. ?

0012C099-98B8-4A2D-B39F-B739ED3705C1.jpeg DE0C344F-1152-44F4-B81C-0D1DF3283503.jpeg

Premium Features