• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Permit to carry?

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
The Utah permit is reciprocated in 29 other states.
That's the one I have.

S

skidoorulz

Nov 21, 2007
Billings Montana
This is my thought on permits and registration and anything to do with government and guns. If you have a carry permit it is safe to assume you own guns. Therefor the government knows who you are and they know you own guns. To me the best guns to own would be the ones not bought new and therefore in most cases are not registered. Ammo is best reloaded and not purchased at stores. Now me personally I do not own any kind of weaponry or ammo to go with weaponry I do not own. But hey you guys go ahead and let the gov know who you are. If it ever happens your door will be the first that they come to to take your guns away.

S
Jun 11, 2006
Graham, Wa
This is my thought on permits and registration and anything to do with government and guns. If you have a carry permit it is safe to assume you own guns. Therefor the government knows who you are and they know you own guns. To me the best guns to own would be the ones not bought new and therefore in most cases are not registered. Ammo is best reloaded and not purchased at stores. Now me personally I do not own any kind of weaponry or ammo to go with weaponry I do not own. But hey you guys go ahead and let the gov know who you are. If it ever happens your door will be the first that they come to to take your guns away.

The government called for and pursued a search and seizure of arms down south after Hurricane Katrina they had the national guard go door to door with guns in hand searching homes for firearms and any that they found they confiscated them. Even from people who rightfully had them. they had authority to shoot U.S. citizens if their own personal judgement called for such actions to be taken.

Pretty wild.

They succeeded in siezing the weapons in the areas they were told to do it in with only minor incidents resulting in some arrests.

Now they know they can get away with it even though it overpowered the right to bare arms. So if future actions call for a large scale search and seizure throughout the country most likely they would easily succeed.

With the new bill that passed that allows the military to arrest and detain U.S. citizens without question, warrant, etc., will make it easy to do so as well on a large scale under the suspicion of 'terrorist' activity ( I read somewhere that stocking up on large amounts of canned foods is enough to consider you as a terrorist, don't quote me on that, don't know for sure, ) . So any future large scale searches and seizures, people having guns, rightfully or not, resisting to give up their guns, I'd imagine some would end up getting shot, and many would end up getting arrested and detained without trial.

It'd definitely be crazy if it happened in our life time. and with the economy going down like it is, food prices skyrocketing, food shortages, people growing more hungry and more desperate, you're going to notice even more people rioting. more so than they already are. all over the world. That would then be perfect reason to call for a restoration of order. or New World Order ( which presidents talk about it like its nothing ) .

just my analogy on things. and with the stuff that really happening, everything seems to piece together. it just makes sense to me.

I don't know if this either is true, but I heard somewhere that at a gun show / swap meet, you can purchase and trade guns without having to register.

I'd imagine that'd be the best way to do it. or order guns online.

togwotee9

The Baconator
Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2008
Council Bluffs, IA

I don't have time to respond to this nonsense right now, but I will .

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
The government called for and pursued a search and seizure of arms down south after Hurricane Katrina they had the national guard go door to door with guns in hand searching homes for firearms and any that they found they confiscated them. Even from people who rightfully had them. they had authority to shoot U.S. citizens if their own personal judgement called for such actions to be taken.

Pretty wild.

They succeeded in siezing the weapons in the areas they were told to do it in with only minor incidents resulting in some arrests.

Now they know they can get away with it even though it overpowered the right to bare arms. So if future actions call for a large scale search and seizure throughout the country most likely they would easily succeed.

With the new bill that passed that allows the military to arrest and detain U.S. citizens without question, warrant, etc., will make it easy to do so as well on a large scale under the suspicion of 'terrorist' activity ( I read somewhere that stocking up on large amounts of canned foods is enough to consider you as a terrorist, don't quote me on that, don't know for sure, ) . So any future large scale searches and seizures, people having guns, rightfully or not, resisting to give up their guns, I'd imagine some would end up getting shot, and many would end up getting arrested and detained without trial.

It'd definitely be crazy if it happened in our life time. and with the economy going down like it is, food prices skyrocketing, food shortages, people growing more hungry and more desperate, you're going to notice even more people rioting. more so than they already are. all over the world. That would then be perfect reason to call for a restoration of order. or New World Order ( which presidents talk about it like its nothing ) .

just my analogy on things. and with the stuff that really happening, everything seems to piece together. it just makes sense to me.

I don't know if this either is true, but I heard somewhere that at a gun show / swap meet, you can purchase and trade guns without having to register.

I'd imagine that'd be the best way to do it. or order guns online.

Uhhhh. Whatever dude....
beavis-and-butthead.jpg

attachment.php

Likewise for the above post.

Snowmobilesrme.jpg

S
Jun 11, 2006
Graham, Wa

Hanging in there
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 6, 2009
somewhere in South East Idaho
Back to the original question!

Looking to get a permit to carry a handgun.. Just wondering how many of you out there have one.. And for those of you who do, what Do you have? Thinking about getting a Ruger SP101 Double action revolver... Comments or suggestions ?

I have a good one and carry 1911 or a 44mag no use in just just pissing someone off!

S
Jun 11, 2006
Graham, Wa
Yeah, cause wikipedia is a real legit certified source.

True, Wikipedia can be false sometimes, but are you going to suggest the news story was fake and the army guys were fake with all those fake guns and fake arrests?

but scott you get a thumbs up for bein funny with your funny pictures.

mtbroncrider

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2011
Helena/Wibuax, MT
get a military issue XD 9
good pistol.

It is not now, nor has it ever been (except MAYBE select few units who bought them over the counter) a "military issue" weapon of this country...it is in the "running" to be a future issue sidearm....but so are 19 other handguns

plus, even if it was a military issue item, you wouldnt be able to purchase it.....if you could i would have a couple M16A1's

prove this, without a BS news source

True, Wikipedia can be false sometimes,

its alittle more often than sometimes

but I'll tell you what, if I ever get an order to confiscate lawful weapons form law-abiding citizens, lawful order or not...they will find my uniforms right outside the gate to my place....and the vast majority of soldiers feel this way

Last edited:
S
Jun 11, 2006
Graham, Wa
It is not now, nor has it ever been (except MAYBE select few units who bought them over the counter) a "military issue" weapon of this country...it is in the "running" to be a future issue sidearm....but so are 19 other handguns

plus, even if it was a military issue item, you wouldnt be able to purchase it.....if you could i would have a couple M16A1's

prove this, without a BS news source

its alittle more often than sometimes

but I'll tell you what, if I ever get an order to confiscate lawful weapons form law-abiding citizens, lawful order or not...they will find my uniforms right outside the gate to my place....and the vast majority of soldiers feel this way

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,318478,00.html

and a Springfield Armory XD 9?

i had one. paid 500 for it out the door at AAA loans ( a pawn shop right outside of McChord, and Fort Lewis. Now known as Joint Base Lewis & McChord). i believe new they go for around 630 something?

i had to sell it shortly after during one of the tough times i had been through.

i only got to fire off a couple boxes of rounds at the property, but it was a nice firearm.

Last edited:
S

skidoorulz

Nov 21, 2007
Billings Montana

Nonsense you say? There was another country about 80 years ago that the citizens pretty much felt the same as you. We all know where that little program ended. You really believe that it could not happen again? History repeats itself. I am not siding with snowmo or anyone else. But I darn sure am not going to tell the whole world what I may or may not own when it comes to weaponry.

S
Jun 11, 2006
Graham, Wa
Nonsense you say? There was another country about 80 years ago that the citizens pretty much felt the same as you. We all know where that little program ended. You really believe that it could not happen again? History repeats itself. I am not siding with snowmo or anyone else. But I darn sure am not going to tell the whole world what I may or may not own when it comes to weaponry.

well you told us that you don't, and were specific on not even owning ammo for your guns, then you say that ( ^^^ ), so now I assume you DO in fact own arms... :)

so if I were one of the guys looking for people with guns, judging from your 2 different statements, I'd be knocking on your door. :)

skidooboy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
central lower michigan
the wife and i both have cpl's in michigan. it is nice to be able to protect ourselves if it ever has to come to that. cops are too heavy to carry around. michigan has more states that reciprocate than any other state. that is great for us when traveling.

i carry an h&k usp.40 daily.
the mrs carries a ruger lc-9 and taurus tcp as a b.u.g. she also has a sw m&p 9mm, and a ruger mark III 22-45 for range guns.

she just bought me the new sw m&p .22 for steel matches for christmas.

but we went ice fishing today, and they were all tragicly lost in the lake. ;)- ski

mtbroncrider

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2011
Helena/Wibuax, MT

It was not the military, it was the local PD....and was legal under marshal law....from your own article:
"The NRA says the city seized more than 1,000 guns that weren't part of any criminal investigation after the hurricane. Police have said they took only guns that had been stolen or found in abandoned homes."
sure doesnt sound like they were knocking on doors and taking your guns...only securing the ones that werent being safe-guarded, and frankly i would prefer they did as it keeps some out of the hands of the criminals
I know i wouldn't want some ya-hoo with bad intentions to get his hands on my guns

and a Springfield Armory XD 9?

not a general military issue sidearm. even if it was you wouldnt be able to purchase one at a pawn shop or anywhere else...all military weapons are "demilled" and destroyed.....but it is a nice pistol made by an armory with a long and storied history with our gooberment

buying a civilian Beretta 92F is alot different than getting your hands on a military issued one...even if they are the same weapon

Last edited:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
well you told us that you don't, and were specific on not even owning ammo for your guns, then you say that ( ^^^ ), so now I assume you DO in fact own arms... :)

so if I were one of the guys looking for people with guns, judging from your 2 different statements, I'd be knocking on your door. :)

Remember that sarcasm you were trying to teach me about couple of threads back?

S
Jun 11, 2006
Graham, Wa
It was not the military, it was the local PD....and was legal under marshal law....from your own article:
"The NRA says the city seized more than 1,000 guns that weren't part of any criminal investigation after the hurricane. Police have said they took only guns that had been stolen or found in abandoned homes."
sure doesnt sound like they were knocking on doors and taking your guns...only securing the ones that werent being safe-guarded, and frankly i would prefer they did as it keeps some out of the hands of the criminals
I know i wouldn't want some ya-hoo with bad intentions to get his hands on my guns

not a general military issue sidearm. even if it was you wouldnt be able to purchase one at a pawn shop or anywhere else...all military weapons are "demilled" and destroyed.....but it is a nice pistol made by an armory with a long and storied history with our gooberment

buying a civilian Beretta 92F is alot different than getting your hands on a military issued one...even if they are the same weapon

they still did a search and seizure. taking people's guns. violating the rights of US citizens. and exactly. marshal law. I talk about marshal law and people say " oh it's impossible, not here, etc.". anything that's illegal, such as gun grabbing is made legal by marshal law. if its illegal for the government to shoot someone for no reason or round people up or something of the sort, marshal law and the executive orders within allow it to be legal.

and I believe the Mayor ( not **** compared to the govenor ) and the police chief called for it. I believe they had to get permission from the government if the government didn't already give them power to make the call themselves.

and there's military guys in uniform, holding a firearm, on video ( news story ) talking about how it sucks if they had to shoot a US citizen if actions called for it.

I'm sorry, but that's not okay with me. especially since they were going door to door going into homes worrying about their guns when they were doing nothing about the ghetto thugs running around in the streets shooting at ****.

but hey okay I guess if the government signs a piece of paper that says its okay to violate our rights it makes everything perfectly okay.

Last edited:

togwotee9

The Baconator
Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2008
Council Bluffs, IA

Beretta produced a limited M9 series back in the early 2000 for civilian purchase. I may have one in my vast collection. :face-icon-small-ton

100_4356.jpg_thumbnail1.jpg

Premium Features