• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

509 tactical helmet question

B

BubbleNuts

Dec 19, 2021
Alberta
For those who use 509 helmets that mountain ride are you all breath box in or out types of people and how many vents do you all open on the helmets. I think the tactical has 4 foam pieces 2 on each side under the liner

K
Feb 15, 2023
Colorado
For those who use 509 helmets that mountain ride are you all breath box in or out types of people and how many vents do you all open on the helmets. I think the tactical has 4 foam pieces 2 on each side under the liner
I use the breath box and stock vent openings. Paired with sinister x6 goggles never have an issue with fogging.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

B

BubbleNuts

Dec 19, 2021
Alberta
Meaning I use it how it's delivered minus the chin thingy. I never opened any extra vent openings.

Oh ya. Mine was a 2021 so just has breath box. I guess I can adjust as needed just thought I’d see what everyone else out there did

K
Feb 15, 2023
Colorado
Oh ya. Mine was a 2021 so just has breath box. I guess I can adjust as needed just thought I’d see what everyone else out there did
I think everybody is a little different. Just need to see what works for you and your anatomy. Lots of folks swear by heated goggles. I've never found the need.

B

BubbleNuts

Dec 19, 2021
Alberta
I think everybody is a little different. Just need to see what works for you and your anatomy. Lots of folks swear by heated goggles. I've never found the need.

I know the breath box is nice on the ride in. Soon as I started working though felt a little restricted on airflow for breathing and sweaty head

newfrank

Lifetime Membership
Nov 11, 2013
I have the tactical 2.0 as well. I took out the chin curtain and the thing that supposed to seal under the goggles. Otherwise changed nothing. I use the aviators with it. I take the helmet off as soon as I stop and put it off to the side of my sled until I need it again. Never fog, never ice up. It's been great.

A little chilly on the way in/out if its cold out but I'll just thrown on a balaclava and neck warmer and I'm ready to rock and roll.

Premium Features