• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Permit to carry?

P
Nov 21, 2007
Colorado
Looking to get a permit to carry a handgun.. Just wondering how many of you out there have one.. And for those of you who do, what Do you have? Thinking about getting a Ruger SP101 Double action revolver... Comments or suggestions ?

go high fast

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Missoula MT
I had the permit and foolishly let it expire. Since I only carry on hiking/camping trips and use a fanny pack most of the time I felt like its not the end of world having let it expire. One of the nice things about having a current permit is it helps with a no hassle and no delay purchase of a firearm.

SP 101 is beautiful and wish I had one. I have gone with the Kimber Stainless ProCarry with aluminum receiver and I love it and avoid the hollowpoint and/or power loads. I like the reliability of the SP 101 but like the capacity and fast reload of the 1911. I think the 1911's also offer more options for accersories.

Also factoring in to your decision should be your desired use. 357 and 45 offer serious stopping power but 40, 380 and SP 101 in 327 and 9mm are also nice options for personal protection and ease of conceal carry especially for the ladies.

Kids and firearms in the same house require some serious precautions. Take another course beyond the permit course and stay familiar with "running the gun".

have you stubled across this website?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/SearchResults.aspx

Last edited:
F
Jun 7, 2008
I have had my CCW for a couple years now. I try to carry 24/7 when I am not at work. I'm not paranoid or some psyco looking for trouble, but the fact is you never know when you might find yourself in a situation where you need to defend yourself. Especially these days and with having a family I feel it is my duty to provide them the best protection possible. I have my permit in 2 diferent states which allows me to carry in a large number of states that honor them. I used to carry a Ruger P89DC, but it was large and bulky and hard to conceal especially in the summer. I recently bought a Ruger LCP and it is very nice for a pocket pistol. Carrying a concealed handgun is a huge responsibility...if ever cought in the dreaded situation where you have to use it, you must make many decitsions that will be life changing in a split second. As far is guns go, my suggestion is get something that not only is super dependable and concealable, but also that you can afford to shoot a lot. Then practice, practice, practice! I hope I never have to even concider using my weapon, but am always prepared for worst case scenerio.

S
Jun 11, 2006
Graham, Wa
Looking to get a permit to carry a handgun.. Just wondering how many of you out there have one.. And for those of you who do, what Do you have? Thinking about getting a Ruger SP101 Double action revolver... Comments or suggestions ?

get a military issue XD 9

good pistol.

togwotee9

The Baconator
Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2008
Council Bluffs, IA
my parents have a permit allowing them to carry in 30 states.

3837865507_2f79603bfb.jpg

No your parents have a permit for the state they live in that has a Firearm Reciprocity Agreement with other states. I believe Washington reciprocates with 23 other states.

SLDHVN

Premium Member
Mar 7, 2008
Sled Heaven
Anyone have some good pros and cons of carrying a revolver vs. a 1911?

I really like the double action revolver like the OP posted, but i also love the Kimber's and XD's.

Obviously capacity is an issue with a revolver, but how many shots do you plan to use? At the same time a gun with no bullets might as well be a paper weight unless your planning on pistol whipping someone.

S
Jun 11, 2006
Graham, Wa
i wanna get a permit to use against this guy.

anyone know if you can get an actual tazer gun?

hell, ill carry both.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBPRkSiBEKY&feature=g-vrec&context=G2d5af0bRVAAAAAAAABA[/YT]

SLDHVN

Premium Member
Mar 7, 2008
Sled Heaven
i wanna get a permit to use against this guy.

anyone know if you can get an actual tazer gun?

hell, ill carry both.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBPRkSiBEKY&feature=g-vrec&context=G2d5af0bRVAAAAAAAABA[/YT]

How come a guy cant have a thread on snowest without you bringing in some government/cop bash?:face-icon-small-fro

no i dont think its ok for that cop to do what he did
no that is not the topic of the thread
no i do not care what you have to say
:focus:

S
Jun 11, 2006
Graham, Wa
How come a guy cant have a thread on snowest without you bringing in some government/cop bash?:face-icon-small-fro

no i dont think its ok for that cop to do what he did
no that is not the topic of the thread
no i do not care what you have to say
:focus:

woah woah woah..... c'mon now.....

i clearly was talking about permit to carry.

and i was clearly asking about carrying tazers.

i provided a video. a video that may be entertaining to some. i had mentioned nothing about hating cops, gvt, etc. btw, i dont hate cops, i dislike and distrust most, and have a few cop friends.

and you clearly care what i say, as you just complained about what i said.

think with your brain. its okay for me to post a youtube video. dont watch it if it bothers you so.

:lips:

Merry Christmas.

SLDHVN

Premium Member
Mar 7, 2008
Sled Heaven
woah woah woah..... c'mon now.....

i clearly was talking about permit to carry.

and i was clearly asking about carrying tazers.

i provided a video. a video that may be entertaining to some. i had mentioned nothing about hating cops, gvt, etc. btw, i dont hate cops, i dislike and distrust most, and have a few cop friends.

and you clearly care what i say, as you just complained about what i said.

think with your brain. its okay for me to post a youtube video. dont watch it if it bothers you so.

:lips:

Merry Christmas.

this is how it starts, next thing ya know it will be about ufo's and a bunch of BS.

you can :lips: my azz

try that on for size

newmy1

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Huskerland
How many posts/threads of NO value does it take before we ban a bag of douche like snowomobilsrme?

Back to topic as its a good one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S
Jun 11, 2006
Graham, Wa
How many posts/threads of NO value does it take before we ban a bag of douche like snowomobilsrme?

Back to topic as its a good one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this is how it starts, next thing ya know it will be about ufo's and a bunch of BS.

you can :lips: my azz

try that on for size

how bout we all calm down, i had no intentions of talking about ufo's, etc.

if you study my post, again, i was talking permits and tazer permits.

stop hijacking the thread, and get back to topic.

stop randomly attacking people, and get back to topic.

why dont we all get into the holiday spirit. dont test me, or i will hijack the **** out of this thread. sorry pertz.... theres just some children every now and then. leave it to them to ruin all the fun aye?

now back to topic.

get a permit to carry. im getting mine.

its your duty to protect your life you dont know when some thug is gonna be all high and mighty actin all ignorant and stuff.

S

skidoorulz

Nov 21, 2007
Billings Montana

I think ol snowmo is dizzy from blowing up his new doll. And the video is of a Utah Highway patrol officer 5 years ago and I called to tell them I was not outraged! Anytime cops pull someone over there is a possibility they could be shot by someone in the vehicle. All this young punk had to do was sign the ticket and be on with his life. He could have, if he felt he needed to, fought the ticket in court. But oh no he had to show is GF or wife he was a big man and got it handed to him. When dealing with police yes sir and no sir goes along way. I got pulled over about 2 months ago for 52 in a 35. I was respectful and I drove away with only a verbal and a big phewwww!!!! They are just out there doing their jobs. They do not need your BS!!!

S
Jun 11, 2006
Graham, Wa

I think ol snowmo is dizzy from blowing up his new doll. And the video is of a Utah Highway patrol officer 5 years ago and I called to tell them I was not outraged! Anytime cops pull someone over there is a possibility they could be shot by someone in the vehicle. All this young punk had to do was sign the ticket and be on with his life. He could have, if he felt he needed to, fought the ticket in court. But oh no he had to show is GF or wife he was a big man and got it handed to him. When dealing with police yes sir and no sir goes along way. I got pulled over about 2 months ago for 52 in a 35. I was respectful and I drove away with only a verbal and a big phewwww!!!! They are just out there doing their jobs. They do not need your BS!!!

he was doing 40 in a 40 mph zone which is one of the reasons got the 40 grand. he didnt need a ticket in the first place. his actions didnt call for being tazed

i dont care about the call them if youre outraged part.

and no. it was a cop. at the end, the cop talked to the state patrol officer who rolled up and asked what happened. the cop didnt tell the whole true story when he was telling it to the state patrol officer.

i think i want to hijack this thread now. i kept attempting to go back to topic a few times, you guys just dont learn.

note: i have nothing to do with the titles of these videos. ( wouldnt want you to call me crazy for calling a cop a terrorist. )

pretty brutal head slam.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04NM3D6upVM&feature=related[/YT]

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=HU5fAGOVvEM[/YT]

if you children persist im gonna take it up a notch. :) makes you want to persist huh? to see what im gonna do next? i bet you'd like to know huh?

or should we go back to talking about permits and guns?

i was thinking of getting a permit to carry this :

revolver_1_2405.jpg

Premium Features