• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

old cookie cutter hillclimbers

snowblind

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
los angeles
www.mtnX.com
anybody remember these sleds that fought their way up jackson in the early 90s?
if you remember, next thing do you know of any for sale?
post any pics you have on here.
I lost my harddrive with all the 80s and 90s pics.
thanks
chris

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
If you get modstock or sledheads...they just had a cool pic of one from the first modstock cover from 1991. It was totally classic old hillclimber pan sled.

C

cjgodden

Nov 26, 2007
Palmer, Alaska
Remember the plastic bolt on paddle's. Back when a 1" track was the biggest paddle you could get. I think it was dennis kirk you could get the plastic paddles that bolted on like a stud. Those were a joke. Can't believe I even tried them. But anything for a little extra go.

P
Sep 26, 2009
Remember the plastic bolt on paddle's. Back when a 1" track was the biggest paddle you could get. I think it was dennis kirk you could get the plastic paddles that bolted on like a stud. Those were a joke. Can't believe I even tried them. But anything for a little extra go.

hey those paddles worked man..if you were into climbing hills they were a must have! i remember riding with guys that were running 3" and they were spankin everyone!!!

F

frock

Sep 13, 2005
British Columbia, Canada
Yea they worked, right up until you spit one and it hit one of your riding partners, LOL

This happened to a buddy of mine. He was holding up the back end of another guys Wildcat that was running full width plastic paddles (can't remember why he was holding it up) and the guy on the throttle was just burping it to roll the track. The guy on throttle decided to give her a quick WOT when one side of one of the paddles let go. It came around and nailed buddy holding the sled up on the inside of the thigh just missing his junk. His whole thigh was black and blue for weeks from the groin to below the kneecap.

T

T-Bone

Nov 11, 2005
Shelby, MT
I remember the plastic paddles. I had 1.5" V shaped plastic paddles on my old 605 triple. Lots of guys around here had 2" full width paddles and dropped chaincases. Those sounded like a helicopter going up the hill. Dad had a 656 SLP triple in a old centurion chassis with a 133" and those 1.5" V-paddles. Man, that thing pretty much stood straight up on hardpack.

Premium Features