• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ok, since none of the other guys have the guts to post this here BUT ...

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
E

EagleRiverDee

Dec 15, 2009
Eagle River, Alaska
You know, I have to say I am pleasantly surprised by this thread. I had always thought that most guys liked to ride with "just the guys" and that taking their lady along was something they did just to placate her so they could still get out. I am surprised to see how many guys would really like to have a significant other that would go riding with them. I think it's neat. My faith is restored...Ha.

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
You know, I have to say I am pleasantly surprised by this thread. I had always thought that most guys liked to ride with "just the guys" and that taking their lady along was something they did just to placate her so they could still get out. I am surprised to see how many guys would really like to have a significant other that would go riding with them. I think it's neat. My faith is restored...Ha.

I LOVE having a wife that rides. It gives me another reason to have a backup sled! :D:D:D You know how dangerous Alaska's backcountry can be, having a loved one to ride with is an added safety measure...besides getting stuck can be sooooo much more fun.

Just an observation here; All a guy needs is a bottle of Crown to score a single Alaska chick on here...to funny. Do any of the lower 48 guys have no idea how much a bottle of Crown costs up here? These girls ain't cheap!!!

Franz

Premium Member
Nov 11, 2008
Logan, UT

Damn, I didn't know it was OK to come in here. Cool. To your point.. my riding buddy has tried to get his wife to ride w/us for 4 years. At first, they almost got a divorce over it when he left on the weekends for a ride, (those days sucked bad!!). Last year, she went once on a blue bird day. Now she wants go with us more this season. The cool part is, he tells me how much he'd like her to be a part of the main group that hits the hills. But she may think this is more to "placate" her even if he tells her the same thing.

S

stuckchuck

Feb 9, 2008
Mountain Home, ID
Don't get me wrong. There's plenty of cool girls up here. Finding the right mix of brains, beauty, outdoorsiness, and sense of adventure is proving to be tough though. Maybe it's time to look somewhere besides the mountain and the bar lol!

R

RidnHigh

Dec 2, 2007
Spokane Washington
this is too funny

so, all you wash and n. idaho single ladies should def come day hi once in a while, im usually the guy just stuck off the side of the trail with way too much sled for my own good :)

X
Jan 24, 2009
Eagle River
its pretty close on a lot of them...

Yes it is :( But what is really sad is the # of tree huggin, no hunting, had to teach them to 4wheel and snowmachine men up here that I dated...until the last 2 bfs anyway! Ah one of the best memories was the skier who thought snowmachining was 4 sissys cuz it was motorized. SO he decides we need to go skiing. I had a borrowed snowboard and have skied/boarded prolly only 10 times in my life. Since I was keeping up with him just fine he decided to try out my snowboard and I try his skis. After a few times down he decided we needed to race. I waited on him at bottom of the hill only to find out he crashed and broke his collar bone lol, who's the sissy?? Needless to say I've since upgraded to a much sturdier model :D

Last edited:
H
Jun 25, 2009
Eagle River, AK
Don't get me wrong. There's plenty of cool girls up here. Finding the right mix of brains, beauty, outdoorsiness, and sense of adventure is proving to be tough though. Maybe it's time to look somewhere besides the mountain and the bar lol!

I'm sure there's tons of the "right" mix around here. Ya just gotta look in the right places... errrr maybe not look so hard? ;)
And definately NOT at the bars.... last time I checked, that's just trouble! LOL

Ps. I think your theory about Crown holds mostly truth! Well, at least for most awesome & crazy AK chicks!! :beer;:D

Premium Features