• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ok Dooers!! :)

M
Jan 21, 2010
I am starting to look for my first mtn sled.:D But i will be used on trails and ditch banging more!! Cuz i have to plan a trip west or a lil east to get to the mtns and all that powder:face-icon-small-fro But anyways please give me all your comments and suggestions as to what to look for in a good used mtn Doo! Thank you very much ahead of time!!

D
Dec 19, 2008
If you are going to be doing most of your riding on trails I wouldnt go any more than a summit everest 800r with 146 track even with that I would install some scratchers... A renegade would be almost perfect. just remember all of them can be ridden on the trails, but the longer the less manners they have and more problems you will have with the sled. I have seen some 121 sleds handle some pretty impressive powder with 1.75 paddles and you still have the high gearing for a little better gas mileage.
and how much you want to spend is also going to be a big factor... the zx chassis were a hell of alot better than the xp or rev for trails because they blocked a lot more cold air from the rider.

Last edited:
M
Jan 21, 2010
Thank you so much!! I wondered how the Rev's and XP's did on that front. I will take all that into consideration!! Thank you very much!!!!!

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Depends which mountains and how often....you won't have much fun around here with a 121" track....144" is the realistic minimum in the mountains.

Premium Features