• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NO DEMO RIDES!!

M

MustacheMan

Nov 19, 2008
2012 Arctic Cat M800 and M1100 Turbo demos

I am going on a demo near West Yellowstone between the Expo and Jackson Hole weekend. Arctic Cat is brining in some of thier top volume dealers and we are one of their top volume dealers and the highest volume mountain sled dealer in the Western US (not including Alaska).

The difference is that we sell Polaris, Ski Doo and Yamaha. So I don't care if the new Proclimb chassis is another 2005 900 RMK, we'll just sell more of another brand. I'm as close to a "regular guy" as you get. So we'll expose the good, bad and ugly in about 1 week.

We also have a website with all 4 brands of mountain sleds. www.snowcheckdirect.com and you can get pricing.

We are working on a comprehensive list of weights for all 2011 mountain models and estimated weights on 2012's. Again, we have all 4 lines, so we can weigh them all.

E
Nov 28, 2007
WESTERN SLOPE
Why you pointing your finger at me? I didn't design this sled.... Cat did. Nor have I done more than stand on it in the Grand Mesa parking lot. But Cat has rode it.... and if they even thought they had the next best thing since sliced bread, they WOULD let us ride it. But they aren't. So Cat has answered all the questions for us. If they are ashamed of it than so am I.

S

samiams2

Nov 14, 2009
MN...stupid poser flatlander
I only have 1 thing to add

Funny what assumptions you're making (and for god sake, the same line over & over gets old. "drops the ball"... get over it) are kinda silly.

You say hefty cats, like you KNOW the exact weights, you say how they'll handle... where did you ride one & why haven't you given us all a ride report?

The incessant yapping on here the last few days is unreal...

There's such a big difference between intelligent discussion about what you like & don't like... and about 50% of the posts on here right now.

Oh, and yeah... not doing demo rides.... dropping the ball for sure:face-icon-small-ton

BOOM!

C

Comp 670

Nov 26, 2007
Arlington, WA
Get a friggin grip.....

Ever think that in this economy there might not be the budget to send out a fleet of demo sleds??? I have been involved in doing that sort of thing and it costs hundreds of thousands of dollars between the cost of the sleds,trucking them all over,staff to run the whole deal and the HUGE kicker...Insurance. That is the #1 reason less and less companys are doing demos of any product. The costs are incredible. Yes,it would help sell sleds quicker....BUT...

Think about it..You keep saying they are ashamed of the sleds..MABIE they are so CONFIDENT in them that they know as soon as they hit the snow next season and word gets out they will sell like hotcakes..:nod: Mabie they spent every last dollar making them the BEST they could.Factorys are limited by money just like we are. And by not doing demos they save huge money in a very tight economy.

M

minecat

Nov 27, 2007
Winnemucca, Nevada
well i am looking forward to hearing mustaches hoenst review I would very much like to drive any type of vehicle before i buy 12000 bucks is alot of money to through out there on the manufacters word that it is the next best thing since sliced bread yamaha said the exact smae thing when the rx1 was released and I got burned big time but hay live and learn and I learned never to trust any manufacters word again they need to prove it to me not me prove it to them

F
Nov 28, 2007
It is odd with no demo, guessing the sleds just aren't ready. From the pics we've seen they look like they have VIN tags on them. That would tell me they've run them down a production line and not a pilot build line. What we're seeing are most likely product quality builds but do they have enough to find issues before real production.

nielnich

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2010
Lusk, Wy
When Cat released the M chassis, there was a Demo. That is because Cat knew they had a GREAT thing. Polaris Released the Pro... Demo. Cat comes out with the new mistake........ NO DEMO! What's that tell ya? I refuse to pay for Cat's mistake! If it's so great let us try it. Polaris laid it all on the line with the demos last spring. What's the matter Cat, afraid of the result?

WTF! Sorry, but ur kind of an idiot for calling the new sleds a "mistake." How the eff do u know. There's an aweful lot of speculating going on and its annoying. I can understand frustration for no demo rides, but leave it at that. Probably shouldn't tell us how bad the new sleds suck if you don't know.

D

DDD

Nov 27, 2007
North East Saskatchewan Canada
No demo ride?

I was hoping for a demo ride!!!!!!!!!!!! Was willing to drive 13 or more hours to do so. It is hard for me to pay $16000.00 ca for a sled without riding it first.
I got to ride a 2010 M8 demo in April of 2009 and knew right a way that sled would be a hit.

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
Really simple no test ride in good snow = no order...plus the fact just like when I bought my pro ride, i'll wait a bit and see how it pans out.. 1100 would be really cool if aftermarket chips ect would allow 250+ hp on race gas and parts swap allows maybe 45 lb weight loss. also if they have a brain they allowed room for a 3" paddle camo ext without dropping coin on a new chaincase. But like I always do i'll wait and see...:face-icon-small-coo

D

dmkhnr

Nov 26, 2007
NV
Unfortunately Cat could care less if the consumer gets to demo, or even if the consumer buys brand x over their brand.
Cat makes all their money this week at the dealer show selling 38 sleds at a time to each dealer.
The dealer has the burden of demo's, and getting them in the consumers hand.

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
I wasn't talking about SW magazine people getting to ride. I've just been watching the Treadmill, and I've seen posts from people I know, and some I don't...that are getting to ride. I never really paid that close of attention...except I know one friend locally said he'd be posting pics and his thoughts (I never went to the threads, just saw them on Treadmill).

It's been rather *interesting* to sit back and watch the Treadmill the past few days. :face-icon-small-sho :face-icon-small-win

I am one of those regular people that CatWoman might have been speaking of...

ZERO affiliation to any brand, and am planning on taking a ride on the M1100T tomorrow, and or possibly Sunday...

A

aadougie

Nov 26, 2007
Bigfork, Montana
I am one of those regular people that CatWoman might have been speaking of...

ZERO affiliation to any brand, and am planning on taking a ride on the M1100T tomorrow, and or possibly Sunday...

Pics, Vids, and Review expected Monday...no delay will be tolerated!:face-icon-small-win

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
Really simple no test ride in good snow = no order...plus the fact just like when I bought my pro ride, i'll wait a bit and see how it pans out.. 1100 would be really cool if aftermarket chips ect would allow 250+ hp on race gas and parts swap allows maybe 45 lb weight loss. also if they have a brain they allowed room for a 3" paddle camo ext without dropping coin on a new chaincase. But like I always do i'll wait and see...:face-icon-small-coo

Have already asked about the 3" paddle and was told it will work with 3" tracks...

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
Pics, Vids, and Review expected Monday...no delay will be tolerated!:face-icon-small-win

ROFL, yes sir!!!

I promise pics...I am hoping I get to ride, I have not been assured of that yet, but cannot imagine I wont be able to...

Worst case, I will give report on lifting front end and back end, and how easily it rocks side to side while on it...

But should be able to get a ride on one, just might not be in backcountry like I would like...

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
Unfortunately Cat could care less if the consumer gets to demo, or even if the consumer buys brand x over their brand.
Cat makes all their money this week at the dealer show selling 38 sleds at a time to each dealer.
The dealer has the burden of demo's, and getting them in the consumers hand.

That could very well be, i always wondered over the years why cat dealers had so many new older models and would still order a fleet of new ones....

S

Shortcut

Feb 27, 2010
Can someone help?

How do I save Quotes on this forum, or can I even do that? I need to save all this speculation & whining for nxt fall when all these experts who have lost their cool in the last few days will have a mouthful of Heckyl & Jeckyl! If you don't want to buy a certain sled, DON'T! Just have the courtesy to let others make their own decision, not help you justify yours! Man-up & stand on your own!

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
also, cat gives their racers new sleds to ride but not their 2 biggest sellers being demo rides and brett rasmussen. what is up with their thinking??:shocked:

Shocked about this. I called up Bretts assistant (since brett was in meetings with cat) and asked if they were going to get a couple, and he said it sounded like they werent. Yet i know of 4 RMSHA riders that have them in their possession.

And I am not saying i ride near as well as the racers or Rasmussen, but I guarantee i could get footage on one of those cats that would help some peoples opinion, people that aren't able to get a demo on them.

Other thoughts: if any of you have ridden cats race sleds from this year you know how easy they ride, lean, and turn. Even easier than the polaris pro. I am hoping this mountain chassis preforms the same. And I will find a way to ride one...

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
How do I save Quotes on this forum, or can I even do that? I need to save all this speculation & whining for nxt fall when all these experts who have lost their cool in the last few days will have a mouthful of Heckyl & Jeckyl! If you don't want to buy a certain sled, DON'T! Just have the courtesy to let others make their own decision, not help you justify yours! Man-up & stand on your own!

whoa! WHO WAS COERCING YOU??????? What did they do? was someone twisting your arm, telling you to go buy a pro, not even giving up when you screamed UNCLE?????? THAT BASTARD, THIS AGGRESSION WILL NOT STAND, man!

This is SHOCKING, we need to get someone looking into this ASAP!

It's the internets bud... people gots all sorts of opinions... and they'll give them to ya.

images

btw, on a more serious note (yeah, cause this is important) people are complaining, nay, WHINING, about the fact that we AREN'T being given the opportunity to make up our own minds by riding the sleds.

R

RCR3

Nov 14, 2009
Lava Hot Springs, ID
INFO FROM BRETT IS CAT HAS SPENT ALL OF THEIR TIME ON DEVELOPMENT ON THESE SLEDS THEY DID NOT GET ENOUGH LEAD TIME FOR A LARGE SCALE BUILD FOR DEMOS HE AGREES THAT ONCE THE COMSUMERS GETS A HOLD OF THE NEW SLEDS THEY WILL LOVE THEM!

IT TAKES ALOT OF TIME TO GEAR UP FOR A BUILD AND FOR PARTS TO BE MADE SO THEY DIDNT DROP THE BALL AS AN IDIOT STATED THEY WERE TESTING AND TESTING AND TESTING AND TESTING AND TESTING GOT THE PICTURE YET!:nod::wave:

Premium Features