• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New member from the Midwest

M
Sep 29, 2014
Just wanted to introduce myself and say "hello" to the members of SnoWest.

As the title states, I'm a guy from Michigan who's just getting back into the sport after about a 10 year break. My buddy from Utah suggested I join and said it's been a great source of information for him and we're both happy to learn from others...so I took the leap.

My family has ties to Ski-Doo as my uncle was a mechanic at a marina in Wisconsin for 20+ years and we rode them for my entire childhood. In college at Michigan Tech I got into Polaris sleds and have stayed there ever since as they've served me well. I'm a fan of all sleds, regardless of brand.

Most of my riding in the past has been trail riding in the midwest with a little off trail experience, but nothing like guys do out west. This year I'm hoping to spend a bunch of time playing in powder (assuming we have another great winter here in the midwest).

I started looking for a used sled last winter and planned on getting back out there for the first time since 2003 (life, family, etc. has taken a priority). For the heck of it, I entered the Polaris contest and won a 2015 Switchback Assault 800 in February. I actually take delivery in the next few weeks. So I feel extremely fortunate to have the opportunity to get back in the game on something much nicer than I could afford on my own. So a big "thank you" to Polaris!

Anyway, I look forward to reading, learning, etc. from your experiences and hopefully I'll be able to share mine with others in the future.

I hope everyone has a safe and fun winter!

OrangeKowJumper

Lifetime Membership
Jul 31, 2010
Welcome to the board. .and a heckuva way to get back into the sport!! .. lots of knowledge here and plenty of personalities as well . .you'll enjoy it .

I

inspector01

Mar 21, 2013
MN
Welcome, I almost went to MTU, its an awesome area up there with some pretty good riding.

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
WELCOME!

Welcome and congratulations on the new ride! I have been to the UP a few times but it has been awhile. If you have questions about anything related to snowmobiling? Snowest is a great place to get answers. :face-icon-small-ton

Premium Features