• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Camo Extreme 9145 146X15X2.5 Questions about clearance!!

E
Jan 18, 2008
St. Paul, AB
Hey Guys,
I have an Assault and plan to change out the stock track for something better for my conditions. They now have a camo extreme available for it and I am wondering whether or not I woul be better off with a drop and roll of I put this track on. I will be staying with the stock suspension. Fast Trax has a D&R kit for it available soon gaining alot of clearance and improving the approach angle.

Like to hear from guys who have the extreme under the dragon since the tunnel clearance would be the same on my assault.
Thanks in advance
Steve

W
May 14, 2008
Iron Range
Polaris has a series 5.1 146x15x2.5 which is a much softer and flexible track just like the 155 and 163 the so it great for the bottomless pow, as far as clearce the assault is set up the same as the dragons no sweat. The d&r would just make it run in the deep even better. I ordered mine for this year. Love the assault.

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
5.1 is a great track every where, ran mine in sask and we had not near the snow of previous years and it held up great, no missing lugs at all

Latitude 62

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 29, 2008
Summit Lake, Alaska
Put the Camo Extreme 2.5 under my 163 Dragon and the results are great. Not a must to trim at all, but, recommended. Starting from the outside edge on each side, measure about 4 and 1/4 inches toward the center, Trim the lugs in the area you measured by 1/8 inch or so to give yourself a little extra clearance for the heat exchangers in the top of the tunnel. You will see what I'm refering to, as your stock track when loose will leave black marks there. Keep the Extreme tight for better performance and your sled will rip in all snow conditions!!:D

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
A buddy of mine on here (thedangerdoug) put a 2.5 extreme under 07 d7 last winter. Of course it was a 155 to start out with, and he did do the fastrax drop and roll when he put the 163 2.5 extreme under it. No tunnel extention, just rails. That track is absolutely AMAZING! It was crazy in set up snow, but you would expect that. What really blew us away was how it climbing in dry light fluffy powder. We had one day this spring where we had several d8 163's most modded to one degree or another and my 800 escape mod and that lil d7 (modded also) just made us look silly. I didn't take a tape or a photo to guage who one....Things that the rest of us were marking on, he would just blow over it and play on the next bench above us all the while laughing!. It really was that big of difference in the powder. Now, how much of that came from the d&r We really can not say as that was done at the same time as the track swap. I am sure that it was mostly the track itself. I think that would be the perfect track to put under an assualt. I can see camo selling alot of 146x2.5's this summer....

Premium Features