• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Needed help with Nytro build

S

splaterwin

Nov 27, 2007
Vancouver, WA
Wow nicely done. Tunnel and under tunnel exhaust is super slick. BTW: End rail caps can fit with antistab rollers if you drill out plastic. Either way what you have will work fine. :face-icon-small-coo

T
Mar 4, 2009
Molalla Oregon
oh thanks for the advice i might do that. the only picture i could find of an installed anti stab kit didnt' have the endcaps. i'll see how it works out this weekend and make any necessary changes

T
Mar 4, 2009
Molalla Oregon
reveiws

well i've gotten to ride alot the last month and test things out. here are my reveiws on the changes made.

timbersled rear skid 162"= amazing rear skid the weight loss makes the sled totally different. it glodes over the moguls and in the deep it just keeps you on top of the snow. the ability to adjust the skid in so many ways is a plus for whatever type of riding you are going to be doing. i can't wait to ge the barkbuster front end.
'
CE 162"= the lugs are very durable and a great for the powder they just pull and pull. they are stiff and vibrate some on the hard pack though. it worth the trade off though

19/42 gear change= this by far was the most impressive change made. instead of trenching when in the deep powder like with the stock 20/40 gears adn having to blast the throttle all day to keep on top of the snow i now only have to pull a quarter throttle to to go in the deepest powder and i can stop anywhere with the longer 162" track and just tap the throttle adn it will stay afloat instead of trenching down. the lower gearing leaves me lots of power left for when i need it.

Van Amburg tunnel= this is a slick tunnel with the cooler running down the boards and the rear double bypass cooler this is worth the money. takes some time to install and there are no instructions with it but it's not to difficult to do yourself. the whole tunnel is lighter and way stiffer than the stock tunnel and snow just evacuates out of the boards. with the tunnel and timberlsed skid hardly any snow gets stuck wich makes way easier to manuver. the stock setup i felt like i was carrying an extra 100# of snow every ride. the tipped up rails also work great in the powder and sidehilling they don't get caught up in the snow as easy as the stock tunnel. a great product that looks great and is very functional for the yamahas

Skinz seat= at first i had my doubts about it. i had to do some modifications to fit it on the Van Amburg tunnel and it was stiff at frist and sat higher than the stock seat. after riding on it i absolutely love it. it takes some break in and after a few rides it actually breaks in nice and is pretty soft. side to side transitioning is easy since it's made like a dirt bike seat and allows you to really lean into the seat with you legs. the seat bag is also a very nice addition to store tools or refreshments. great product

E&S exhaust= this a pretty spendy exhaust. i needed an under tunnel exhaust and this was the best choice i felt for my set up if not the only choice. the exhaust is very well made great welds and is super light. being under the tunnel it melts any snow that may get caught up under the tunnel. i don't know it adds teh 10 HP they say since i've changed so much but the sound is awesome. it is a little too loud though. the first week of riding it was killing me but i've gotten used to the loud noise. i may start wearing ear plugs.

Van Amburg radiator delete= this was the biggest dissapointment. for $435 a expected a better product. it comes with no instructions just like the tunnel and though the kit looks well made it jsut isn't well thought out. the actaully cooler replacement is the only part of the kit that works well. the coolant lines are bent at awkward angles and dont' work as well as just using regular radiator hoses. the tunnel cooler delete also leaves about an inch of space at the bottom between the skid plate so snow will fill up the engine compartment. i bent a peice of aluminum and riveted to fill this gap. i think the kit could use some work needless to say.

OFT rollover kit= work awesome got stuck on the sidehill a few times in really deep poweder and had to roll out and the kit work perfect. i didn't have the tether connected to me once and hit a tree branch that puller the cord once and my bike shut down instantly. it took me minute to figure out what happened. i found the tether after digging for a minute in the snow. lessened learned when not tethered hook to some place elses on the sled like to the key or throttle line.

T
Mar 4, 2009
Molalla Oregon
overall i'm really impressed with the sled now. works great in all snow conditions and is way lighter and superior to stock. i'm still having some overheating issues i have to figure out. random heat light will come oneveryonce in a while i haven't diagnosed why yet when at idle it will shut off or if i'm riding at higher RPM's. it only goes off when putting around under 20mph. it may be too many bends in the coolant lines or a thermostat or water pump issue. the tunnel cooler is working the left side of the tunnel rail is hot and the right side is staying cool so i know the fluid is flowing but maybe just not enough it flowing or the thermostat maybe shutting off and on when it should't. i'll diagnose it this month

the 162" is really nice for the powder and floats awsome but it doesn't turn like the 153" when boondocking or trying to carve. it takes alot to lay the maching over especially if the snow is a little wet. i'm hoping when i change to the the barkbuster front end and get rid of the sway bar that it will make it easier. and the extra turning radius of the barkbuster front end will help out.

Premium Features