• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My take on Unemployment.

Minten

Lifetime Membership
Nov 6, 2010
Bozeman, Montana
Want to know what's wrong with our State and the lazy people in it?

"In Washington state, the maximum weekly benefit amount is $583. The minimum is $138. No one who is eligible for benefits will receive less than this, regardless of his or her earnings."

That is, Up to $583 a WEEK . Are you kidding me? No wonder people spend all of their time allotted on it? Heck that's better then a lot of jobs.

Also, please don't use that, We don't have enough jobs, or we don't get paid what we should.
1. If you get off of your LAZY BUTT and stop abusing the system then maybe we wouldn't have such a deficit. Also if you look hard enough and settle for less, YOU WILL FIND A JOB.
2. If you used to make 100k a year, and now the market is paying only 88k a year. Don't go on strike demanding more money. That's still a **** ton of money. Better than not having a job! You're only going to get paid what the market is going to pay. That's why I feel that teachers are overpaid ( not all of them ).

Ps. If they can't find a job, I'm fine with them receiving money until they can find a job. But as soon as they stop looking and abuse the system that's when I get pissed.

http://www.esd.wa.gov/uibenefits/benefitcheck/how-much.php

Rant over. I got home work that should have been done an hour ago. Next topic. Welfare.

togwotee9

The Baconator
Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2008
Council Bluffs, IA
fema.jpg

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado

"In Washington state, the maximum weekly benefit amount is $583. The minimum is $138. No one who is eligible for benefits will receive less than this, regardless of his or her earnings."

That is, Up to $583 a WEEK . Are you kidding me? No wonder people spend all of their time allotted on it? Heck that's better then a lot of jobs.

Also, please don't use that, We don't have enough jobs, or we don't get paid what we should.
1. If you get off of your LAZY BUTT and stop abusing the system then maybe we wouldn't have such a deficit. Also if you look hard enough and settle for less, YOU WILL FIND A JOB.
2. If you used to make 100k a year, and now the market is paying only 88k a year. Don't go on strike demanding more money. That's still a **** ton of money. Better than not having a job! You're only going to get paid what the market is going to pay. That's why I feel that teachers are overpaid ( not all of them ).

Ps. If they can't find a job, I'm fine with them receiving money until they can find a job. But as soon as they stop looking and abuse the system that's when I get pissed.

Rant over. I got home work that should have been done an hour ago. Next topic. Welfare.

OK. We get it, we already know it. But before you start ranting, why don't you get a full time job, pay some taxes and vote. Then you have the RIGHT to bitch. Until then......finish your homework, get decent grades, find a ho, marry her and have a kid and see how tough real life is.

I was laid off for two years and couldn't find sh*t for a job. I was making over 80k/year and the state max in CO is 500/week. That don't buy milk for the kids, son. There are folks that milk the system but the majority of people seriously cannot find work. There are jobs out there but in most cases, they don't pay enough to cover fuel and daycare, so it's actually better to keep drawing UEI and keep banging away trying to find a job that will at least cover your bills and leave a few pennies in the bank account. It took two years but I finally nailed a great job and am getting out of the hole.

S
Jun 11, 2006
Graham, Wa

the people milking the system have a small effect on the deficit.

the government spends $10 billion a month on the Iraq war alone. the wars are what puts us mostly in debt. then Obama comes in and prints up 4 trillion so a lot of that helped put us in more debt. you see Minten, the government has a bottomless bank account. they spend all the money and pass the debt down to the American people.

D

dmkhnr

Nov 26, 2007
NV
Seems that the best thing to do is to find a girl, have a couple of kids out of wedlock, and collect welfare.
I have a guy who works for me that does just this, he gets food stamps, a place to live, free healthcare, and "Yippie" it's tax season so a big fat check for $8k from uncle sam. In fact he told me today that when he goes down to the welfare office, there are women who drive hummers, and carrying around $300 purses on their shoulder.

Seems that I'm the Jerk that has to find the work, make sure it's done right, front the bills while I wait to be paid (Never been a Friday that he didn't get a paycheck). Pay liability, workmans comp, burden costs, license fees, state business license, city business licenses. And this time of the year try to buy stuff that I can write off even though I don't need it. And after all the dust settles I probably end up writing the same $8k check right to uncle sam. I wonder how many nights a week he wakes up at 3am.

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
Seems that the best thing to do is to find a girl, have a couple of kids out of wedlock, and collect welfare.
I have a guy who works for me that does just this, he gets food stamps, a place to live, free healthcare, and "Yippie" it's tax season so a big fat check for $8k from uncle sam. In fact he told me today that when he goes down to the welfare office, there are women who drive hummers, and carrying around $300 purses on their shoulder.

Seems that I'm the Jerk that has to find the work, make sure it's done right, front the bills while I wait to be paid (Never been a Friday that he didn't get a paycheck). Pay liability, workmans comp, burden costs, license fees, state business license, city business licenses. And this time of the year try to buy stuff that I can write off even though I don't need it. And after all the dust settles I probably end up writing the same $8k check right to uncle sam. I wonder how many nights a week he wakes up at 3am.

I could never let a piece of chit like that work for me.

M
Nov 28, 2007
or
wow you might get a job and live on your own and actually PAY some bills. then get laid off and have to sell most of everything you have just to keep the house you saved and WORKED your butt off to buy. trust me a $9 dollar an hour job MIGHT pay the payment but then what about heat, water, sewer, taxes, phone, cable, insurance, gas, food, clothes, little johny's braces, cause you sure aren't going to get any benefits. i love peeps who have never actually been in a bad situation preach about how EASY it is to keep a family going when you don't know if next month your gonna have a place to live. trust me, not everyone makes 80k a year, plenty of familys out there surving on 24k or less with no or hardly any savings to fall back on if they get laid off. try growing up poor and listen to all the peeps who have never gone without tell you how easy it is when they've never had to sleep in the kitchen with the whole family cause the only heat you have in the house is the oven. never gone to bed hungry, never lived without water cause your mom couldn't pay the bill. looking forward to xmas not because of the toys but because you knew you'd get a little extra to eat. finally get out on your own then having to actually earn every penny you get, no mommy and daddy to pay for your car, your school. no one to help you out when its have gas until pay day or eat, then get back to me...

Last edited:
D

dmkhnr

Nov 26, 2007
NV
I could never let a piece of chit like that work for me.

You'd think that, but actually he's a young man who doesn't know any better because this is how his family raised him. (he's 32 but still a kid)

He's a great employee, shows up everyday, works a full 8, and wants to please. He's graduating from community college with a AA in 2 weeks.

I'd rather give him the direction he needs to better himself than to pity him for being a welfare recipient. I told him the day that I found out that we are going to change his conditions, and I'm not sure that he wants the change as he's use to having things given to him. Who knows, Maybe I'm the d-bag for even suggesting it.

Minten

Lifetime Membership
Nov 6, 2010
Bozeman, Montana
You'd think that, but actually he's a young man who doesn't know any better because this is how his family raised him. (he's 32 but still a kid)

He's a great employee, shows up everyday, works a full 8, and wants to please. He's graduating from community college with a AA in 2 weeks.

I'd rather give him the direction he needs to better himself than to pity him for being a welfare recipient. I told him the day that I found out that we are going to change his conditions, and I'm not sure that he wants the change as he's use to having things given to him. Who knows, Maybe I'm the d-bag for even suggesting it.

32 and doesn't know how to live his life and support him self? Damn. If I had to I could live independently, still go to school, pay for a car and pay rent.

That's what is wrong with people now days. THEY SPEND MONEY THEY DON'T HAVE

wow you might get a job and live on your own and actually PAY some bills. then get laid off and have to sell most of everything you have just to keep the house you saved and WORKED your butt off to buy. trust me a $9 dollar an hour job MIGHT pay the payment but then what about heat, water, sewer, taxes, phone, cable, insurance, gas, food, clothes, little johny's braces, cause you sure aren't going to get any benefits. i love peeps who have never actually been in a bad situation preach about how EASY it is to keep a family going when you don't know if next month your gonna have a place to live. trust me, not everyone makes 80k a year, plenty of familys out there surving on 24k or less with no or hardly any savings to fall back on if they get laid off. try growing up poor and listen to all the peeps who have never gone without tell you how easy it is when they've never had to sleep in the kitchen with the whole family cause the only heat you have in the house is the oven. never gone to bed hungry, never lived without water cause your mom couldn't pay the bill. looking forward to xmas not because of the toys but because you knew you'd get a little extra to eat. finally get out on your own then having to actually earn every penny you get, no mommy and daddy to pay for your car, your school. no one to help you out when its have gas until pay day or eat, then get back to me...

I know how some people have it, luckily though I'm on the higher end. My mom might be getting laid off ... That's about 2/3 of our income. So that's why I'v been spending less and saving up. I'm not buying a car anymore. I'm just going to use the school transportation and if I have to I'll take my dad's truck. I'm not saying everyone abuses the system or people don't need it. What I'm saying though is that it's the people that corrupt the system that have pretty much ruined the entire concept for me. Heck if a family needs it I'll personally hand them the money. But it's when people don't use it correctly to live life. That pisses me off.

Last edited:
S
Jun 11, 2006
Graham, Wa

That's why it's good to get into a direct selling business as part time income for something to fall back on. 1 out of 8 households operates a home based business.

and I remember things being pretty easy for me growing up. I still had to work for everything I earned, but the work was always there. my parents own a government scrapping business so there was always metal to rip apart.

when I graduated I had a huge chip on my shoulders and I went to my mom and said "I want to move out. I'm a man now I can take care of myself" . she ended up holding me to that an there were times I regret saying that yes. The first time I was homeless my mom said "figure it out". I had to figure it out quick. jobs weren't as easy to come by I had to up my social skills real quick and be assertive and pretty much demand a job.

im doin pretty well right now but it was definitely a roller coaster. for many it's always been tough and many have really been trying to survive. for a lot of people being in a tough spot gets them in the wrong mindset they get negative and it makes it hard to get out of their spot.

that, and add the fact that there's too many people and fewer resources it makes it a little tough for others. some have no choice at all so be careful when you're talking about it calling everyone that's struggling lazy when you're talking about it amongst people in real life you might offend someone.

Feb 28, 2009
That's why it's good to get into a direct selling business as part time income for something to fall back on. 1 out of 8 households operates a home based business.

and I remember things being pretty easy for me growing up. I still had to work for everything I earned, but the work was always there. my parents own a government scrapping business so there was always metal to rip apart.

when I graduated I had a huge chip on my shoulders and I went to my mom and said "I want you. I'm a man now I can take care of it myself" . she ended up holding me in a romantic embrace that there were times I regret saying that yes. The first time I was homeless my mom said "figure it out" so I slept with men for money. I had to figure it out quick. Tricks weren't as easy to come by I had to up my social skills real quick and be assertive and pretty much demand a hand job.

im doin pretty well right now but it was definitely a roller coaster. for many it's always been tough and many have really been trying to survive. for a lot of people being in a tough spot gets them in the wrong mindset they get negative and it makes it hard to get out of their spot.

that, and add the fact that there's too many people and fewer resources it makes it a little tough for others. some have no choice at all so be careful when you're talking about it calling everyone that's struggling lazy when you're talking about it amongst people in real life you might offend someone.
We have heard it

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado

Trust me, if he's bragging about it, he knows better. You know how much he makes, it's your duty to notify the welfare authorities that he's commiting welfare fraud. And being young is no excuse, when I was 32 I was working my as$ off and raising a baby. Using my paycheck to do it too.

If I was an employer and I knew about it, I would lay it down. If you want to keep working here, get off welfare, because I pay you and I know that you don't need it. He's stealing, plain and simple. If you are ok with having a thieving fraud as an employee, I say shame on you. You letting it go on is condoning his illegal choices.

cpa

Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2001
Utah
If you get off of your LAZY BUTT and stop abusing the system then maybe we wouldn't have such a deficit.

I dont totally agree with this. The government will alway spend more money then they take from us. When you are spending someone elses money, and you can just print more, there is no reason to not spend. We need a balanced budget admendment. Funny how it always gets voted down though.

That's why I feel that teachers are overpaid

If you only knew the time teachers put in for little kids like you

Premium Features