• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Munster Finger Throttle

P

pdaddyvr6

Mar 14, 2020
Anyone know where to get a munster finger throttle for a matryx? I seem to be struggling to find any availability..........

P

pdaddyvr6

Mar 14, 2020
Yep straight to the source and got one ordered.......... Thanks guys. I called a couple of the local shops I deal with and they all told me back ordered. Any who thanks again.

C
Dec 14, 2020
Shop I ordered from this morning showed in stock, and I got an email that his site wasn't up to date.
Supposedly backorder is only a week or two. We'll see.

StuckDownHill

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 7, 2019
I have one I’m willing to part with if you are having trouble finding one. PM if interested.

Finnlandr

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 21, 2009
Parts Unknown
Those of you who have switched to this finger throttle, how do you like it? I've been watching Muskoka Freerider videos and this finger throttle has me intrigued.

Squirreler

Premium Member
Feb 15, 2018
Those of you who have switched to this finger throttle, how do you like it? I've been watching Muskoka Freerider videos and this finger throttle has me intrigued.

Got a few short rides on it and so far feels very natural I’m pretty sure I’ll never ride with thumb throttle again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StuckDownHill

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 7, 2019
I’ve been told it eventually feels more natural, you just have to give it a chance. I don’t get out to the mountains enough to sacrifice a few days getting used to it. Just didn’t feel like I was quick enough with the throttle. Wasn’t for me I suppose. Quality product though.

zaasman

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2019
Yukon
I love mine. For me it felt natural right off the bat, likely because my background is mountain biking and moto–one finger on the brake and one on the throttle just feels right to me. Made a huge improvement in my comfort sidehilling ambidextrously. I'm a late starter in sledding, need all the help I can get and this one has been killer.

Only issue for me was building some throttle finger muscle strength, it was tiring on the forearm for the first while. But my first year with a munster was on a pro-ride which has a heavier throttle pull. The Axys/Matryx has a lighter pull and feels noticeably better.

PSI 800

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 1, 2015
north west british columbia
I love it, course i have been riding that way for over 30yrs. We used to spin our throttles around on our old triple mod sleds, way easier to pull 3 44mm carbs than to push them.

T
Dec 15, 2020
WA
I am brand new to sledding. I got to hop on friends sleds for a few mins seldomly in some fields when I still snowbiked, most had thumb throttle, one had a finger and I liked the feel of the finger better. When I picked up my first sled (165 Slash) back in Feb, I rode the rest of our trip with it having a thumb throttle, it was weird, I had moments where my right hand would slip off the bars, but I'm new so likely user error. Once we got back from our trip I had a finger throttle waiting for me at home, switching over was night and day. Coming from a dirtbike background and always having a finger on the clutch and one on the brake it made sense. I will never ride without one now on all my future sleds, it made my already super confidence inspiring sled even more confidence inspiring.

P
Dec 15, 2018
I got mine in the mail today! I have a injury to my hand that makes my thumb stupid. Hope this helps. Iam a new rider so it shouldn’t be weird cause I suck anyway lol. The package comes with a sticker that says finger throttles can cause death. So that’s confidence inspiring lol!

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
Well I just read all this and drunk ordered a finger throttle. Reading above posts it makes a lot of sense. I have very little touch in my palm. And extra grip helps.
If you haven't tried one before, now you'll have a chance!

Totally preferential. Would be neat if you could order a snow check with a finger vs. thumb throttle configuration. Maybe someday.

T
Jan 23, 2013
South Lake Tahoe
the finger throttle is a game changer on technical sidehills and downhills on the right ski. Being able to push your palm into the handlebar to control the counter steer makes it way easier, which is why it's so much easier to sidehill on the left ski for most people. The munster basically makes it just as easy to sidehill to the right. And your hand is locked on to the handlebar which keeps you in better control. Thumb throttle no longer makes any sense, unless maybe you only ride trail sitting down.

Premium Features