• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Muff pot ideas!

jrlastofthebreed

It seemed like a good idea at the time
Lifetime Membership
Oct 24, 2016
Coeur d'Alene ID
I haven't seen this topic in a few years and its something Im interested in trying. I have a 17 ktm thats dedicated to snow was kicking around the idea of mounting a muff pot under the rear fender. If i could re-route the exhaust around the pot and into a shortened muffler. Prolly have to make a box or something to insulate it/keep snow off. Im thinking mounting it kind of like when a turbo is mounted back there. Anyone tried this? Or better ideas?

heliwrench

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2015
Have you looked at the sledshed cooker cans for sleds? The cooker part slips into a pocket built into the exhaust can. They get stupid hot on a sled, and will burn your food if you're not paying attention to it. It might be enough heat on a bike to actually warm something up. That combined with a door or a cover like you were saying to keep snow off of it might be the ticket. It would have to be pretty custom, but it sounds like you're already thinking about going down that road anyways. No good way to heat food and no reverse are 2 of biggest downfalls of snowbikes.

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
on a bike I would forget the exhaust and mount a muff pot using the hot antifreeze, put it anywhere, if you have your bike setup right, you have 190 degree water all the time to cook dinner.

Allseasons

Premium Member
Feb 2, 2014
Rocky Mtn House AB
466225A0-FE3C-495D-BB71-026648AFE1E0.png
Behind the engine jacket, it’ll heat, not really cook unless it’s spring riding conditions.
On deeper powder days, it’s luke warm at best, I did have it wrapped in foil, but messy and inconvenient.
I also have a large skid plate protecting it.

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
Similar spot to Allseasons above. Have actually just installed Selkirk Armour to mu '18 KTM 450. Have the neoprene engine guard, so will remove the exhaust side Selkirk, put the muffpot on, and slide the neoprene piece in place.
Will shield it from snow, and provide a bit of insulation I hope! Also, I'm using a PC header, the power chamber is nice and round, not calzone shaped like the stock header, makes it waayyyy easier to place the mount for the cooker.
Actually works quite well for heating up. Won't cook, doesn't get that hot, but no biggie there, steak, shrimp, butter and red pepper flakes makes a heck of a sammich haha

Attachments

• IMG_8585.jpeg
    IMG_8585.jpeg
    538.8 KB · Views: 56
O
Jan 30, 2019
On our Yamaha's we just wrap the food in tin foil and place it on the pipe on the left side. the engine blanket and pipe clamp keeps it in place.

Premium Features