• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Muff Pot / Cooker Can "THING" for Gen 4 850 (Review and Installation)

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
31e5d830dc43fb730413de8030978b9c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Make no mistake
The passage for the exhaust gas behind the cooker IS restricted.
No idea what impact this has on heat transfer or sound muffling yet..

26bb9c374b5065b275810af1397fd71b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
QUOTE: "Make no mistake
No idea what impact this has on heat transfer or sound muffling yet."

The real question is: Will it rob power due to the restriction?

I have see this with these cans on other models in the past. Maybe it is not an issue here? Let us know.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
QUOTE: "Make no mistake
No idea what impact this has on heat transfer or sound muffling yet."

The real question is: Will it rob power due to the restriction?

I have see this with these cans on other models in the past. Maybe it is not an issue here? Let us know.
Its a HELL OF A GOOD QUESTION.

Idahodoo

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Pocatello Idaho
www.jcscutomvents.com
The Cooker Can was designed & tested to match the stock can flow numbers, so It may appear to have a restriction, but not in reality. I have had great feed back from customers, many of them local guys that love them.

"All Cooker Can Things are designed and built to match the stock exhaust flow numbers. Prior to production they are tested at elevations from 1500 ft up to 7500 ft. Cooker Cans are designed so they do not require fuel or clutching changes and they will not throw any engine codes"

Its amazing the the stuff you can cook in them + I have run them from 3500' to 9500' with no codes and great performance only thing I had to do was adjust the clicker to 2 or 4 depending on elevation like you do normally.

I strapped the stock can on my 2017 850 Summit X 165 to compare the Cooker Thing Can to the stock can to show couple a couple of guys on the mountain @ about 7500'm in great powder. Swapped cans back and forth several times on the same untracked climb and let them ride my sled to see for themselves how they compared to each other.

I usually ride with 2 buddies that have G4 850s 1 has stock can & 1 has a BMP can this can was louder than the cooker can in the trailer & on the mountain, cant tell a performance difference between the 3

Glad I had my gas can filled that day + I had a extra SS Pot to feed the group ended up feeding about 6 big hungry fellers (y) It sold 3 cans in the next week to them.
1 2013-15 800 POLARIS COOKER CAN & 2 2017-2021 G4 850 SKI-DOO COOKER CANS

02sedona

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
Reno, NV
I’m impressed by how fast this muffler cooks food. It is literally minutes of hard riding and the food is cooked. The 2 level muff pot is neat as well. I have been cooking my sweet potato waffle fries on the top and wings or meatballs on the lower level. In less than 15 minutes it is ready to eat.

With that said, this is a loud muffler. When the rave valves open up it screams. On the fire road in under 6400 rpms it is mellow. At idle it is fairly quite. Above 6400 rpms or on the gas it is almost race can loud.

Now I understand why it was hard to find recorded noise db levels for it in any reviews or from the sellers of the exhaust. I don’t have a db meter to test with. So I too will be of no help there.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I’m impressed by how fast this muffler cooks food. It is literally minutes of hard riding and the food is cooked. The 2 level muff pot is neat as well. I have been cooking my sweet potato waffle fries on the top and wings or meatballs on the lower level. In less than 15 minutes it is ready to eat.

With that said, this is a loud muffler. When the rave valves open up it screams. On the fire road in under 6400 rpms it is mellow. At idle it is fairly quite. Above 6400 rpms or on the gas it is almost race can loud.

Now I understand why it was hard to find recorded noise db levels for it in any reviews or from the sellers of the exhaust. I don’t have a db meter to test with. So I too will be of no help there.
U can download a DB app and measure with ur phone.

Sent it

Premium Features