• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MTNTK POLARIS MATRYX CHASSIS TUNNEL COOLERS

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Running the new poo reversible scratchers today on my 24 boost coming out on super sticky packed trail. 23 boost woth old scratxhers had him hittin 140+ on trail.

My boost with the new style was holding 105 max woth zero brapping. Just mellow trail cruising. They funnel wayyy more snow into the skid ans way further forwards.

Tjyak50

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 26, 2019
Alpine, Wy
Hey WheelHouse which scratchers did you have prior? The Polaris non-reversible or others?
I put the SkiDoo reversibles on my 2023 9R (just got it) and was struggling to keep temps out of the red getting to the zones.

I'll try the Poliaris reversibles (Item: 2890644) first and consider the Tunnel mod later if these don't help.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Hey WheelHouse which scratchers did you have prior? The Polaris non-reversible or others?
I put the SkiDoo reversibles on my 2023 9R (just got it) and was struggling to keep temps out of the red getting to the zones.

I'll try the Poliaris reversibles (Item: 2890644) first and consider the Tunnel mod later if these don't help.
We were compar9ng standard polaris wires thst they've run forever next to the 2024 model reversible. They seem to have way more down pressure then the doo model f3om what I can tell. They funnel a LOT of snow into the skid really far forward too.

K
Feb 15, 2023
Colorado
This seems like a much better solution then refitting a whole.new cooler if there is a oveeheat problem. I have 2x non-slash Khaos 155s that I cut the tunnels on. So they actually have the longer coolers in them but the tunnels are slash length now. With scratchers down on low snow trail or spring conditions no issues with heat.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Not sure what the longer non-slash coolers cost from Polaris but but that might also be an optu9n. I ran my setup this weekend with zero issues on the trail. With minimal new snow. BRP sctratchers on a non-slash tunnel that was cut and converted to slash length, retaining the longer coolers. Only time I saw temps rise was when speeds slowed down to crawl in 2 and 3 foot whoops due to lack of grooming. Otherwise I'm sold.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
Running the new poo reversible scratchers today on my 24 boost coming out on super sticky packed trail. 23 boost woth old scratxhers had him hittin 140+ on trail.

My boost with the new style was holding 105 max woth zero brapping. Just mellow trail cruising. They funnel wayyy more snow into the skid ans way further forwards.
Just got my new style scratchers finally. Any idea what the little piece with the arrow in it is for? There's only 1 in each set

20231221_095857.jpg 20231221_100259.jpg

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
Just got my new style scratchers finally. Any idea what the little piece with the arrow in it is for? There's only 1 in each set
instructions don't mention it?
is it a template to drill?

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
instructions don't mention it?
is it a template to drill?
Didn't get instructions with it, and the online ones were broken, it just kept linking back to the same page. Template makes sense but why not just use the mount as the template?

Tjyak50

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 26, 2019
Alpine, Wy
The new Po Premium Reversible scratchers solved the heat problem. I was able to ride the road behind my house with one down and be in good temps.
Sad fact of life, gotta do some trail now and then to get to play areas and when Momma wants to go ride.

Picture. One way with both down.
The other with just one down. IMG_1726.jpeg

Assuming they’ll lose temper at some point but for now seems good.

T
9r 165

Premium Features